Green horn here, what are the biggest things youve learned from reloading good and bad?

Good stuff here.
1- one powder, one bullet, one primer at time on bench for the specific load you are loading. This is unbreakable rule.
2- wear PPE
3- start low to work up new load. Max loads are NOT a given for any rifle.
4-have your own written step by step procedure for brass, priming and loading with powder. Review and revise frequently as your knowledge gains.
5-NEVER share your reloads in another rifle or friends rifle.
6-do not confuse different powders that have same numerical but different letters. They are different powders with different results. For example, IMR4350 versus H4350.
7-clean your dies frequently
8-ALWAYS clean and calibrate your scale prior to use.
9-keep a clean organized bench. Just don't look at mine.
10- label everything so you know what the load is in an ammo box.
11-no food at bench, wash hands thoroughly after load sessions
12-believe the manuals in max and min loads. NEVER go below min load. NEVER go past max either. "Your rifle can take it" attitude is first step to ER.
13-learn to read pressure and understand consequences.
14-internet loads are "freaking" dangerous and are not pressure tested!!
15-get a Hornady comparator to get consistent CBTO measurements for your load documentation.

It can be the most rewarding aspect of shooting or it will drive you to drink, ....more.

Hey guys, i am new to LRH and pretty new to reloading as well, i have a 6.5CM ive been loading for a couple if years and going to be putting together an elk rifle which will be a 28 Nosler, i wanted to pick your brains on what you have learned over your years in this world the good the bad and the ugly. I really enjoy it but am still very new to it so any feed back would be great. Thank you all and dont forget to shoot straight!
If you are asking handloaders, then you have already made your decision. Why do you feel you need affirmation? Is your wife standing behind you as you beg for justification?

This was from similar thread. Example datasheets

One more from previous threads.

Yeah
Best thing I learned is the time I spent with my Dad was the best time.
I shared with my kids! Especially doing brass prep;)

Worst thing is the factories really have caught up in a lot of respects.
I've seen some factory ammo that shoots really well. Friend gave me a case of Hornadys LE tactical .223 with what looks like V max bullets. I've yet been able to duplicate it. I can get same speed but it won't shoot as well. Powder looks like superformance.

I'm proud of you for taking up reloading! I load for fair number of people, I've encouraged them to learn to load their own ! Most have said I don't have time to learn or to old to learn something new. I've bought two high end rifles and several $$$$ scopes from the money loading ammo for them ! Think what they could have bought in equipment with that $$. All this in the last 4 years of covid and panic buying of supplies. I had large supply of components bought when it was cheap.
Your friends pay you to load rounds for them?****, I gotta get new friends!

Hey guys, i am new to LRH and pretty new to reloading as well, i have a 6.5CM ive been loading for a couple if years and going to be putting together an elk rifle which will be a 28 Nosler, i wanted to pick your brains on what you have learned over your years in this world the good the bad and the ugly. I really enjoy it but am still very new to it so any feed back would be great. Thank you all and dont forget to shoot straight!
Well when you store your dies for extended period of time ensure you use a good preservative lubricant clean well and lubricate before use, I used to have a lee 300 win mag full sizing die thought I had thoroughly cleaned and lubricated it well and it was kinda rough on the first full sizing put the extra gorilla grip force on to it and the die was history but the case was sized. Was going to buy a match grade set in the future and it became a necessity. Live and learned.

Good stuff here.
1- one powder, one bullet, one primer at time on bench for the specific load you are loading. This is unbreakable rule.
2- wear PPE
4-have your own written step by step procedure for brass, priming and loading with powder. Review and revise frequently as your knowledge gains.
6-do not confuse different powders that have same numerical but different letters. They are different powders with different results. For example, IMR4350 versus H4350.
12-believe the manuals in max and min loads. NEVER go below min load. NEVER go past max either. "Your rifle can take it" attitude is first step to ER.
15-get a Hornady comparator to get consistent CBTO measurements for your load documentation.

It can be the most rewarding aspect of shooting or it will drive you to drink, ....more.
I'm A horrible offender of # 9. It looks a mess but I mostly know where everything is.😁

Yeah

I've seen some factory ammo that shoots really well. Friend gave me a case of Hornadys LE tactical .223 with what looks like V max bullets. I've yet been able to duplicate it. I can get same speed but it won't shoot as well. Powder looks like superformance.
Shhhhsh! Rosebud, You're not supposed to say the quiet part out loud in front of loaders.

Good stuff here.
2- wear PPE

I'm OK with #11 but I do need my Joe in the morning. Use the mouse pad for a coaster.

All that's been said, I'll pitch in:
1) How much do you expect to shoot? A lot if reloading equipment money is based more on production than accuracy. Mine is basic, because I only build 10-20 rounds at a time.
2) Redding powder beam scales are accurate enough for anything you want to do.
3) custom neck ID mandrels made a world of difference for me on accuracy and SDs
4) Ultra-micrometer seating (Forester, Redding, etc) are worth the extra money.
5) custom bushings on your calipers for measuring seating at the ojive and the brass shoulder are worth the money. (Whidden)
6) take lots of notes, record every detail of each load and the results. Keep every target for reference.
Enjoy 😊

Be clear about what you are hoping to accomplish. Their are a lot more .250" guns on the internet than at the range.
K.I.S.S. It's very easy to spend time and money on things that don't produce results so you probably will, and by all means believe your targets.
Be open to trying things (as long as they are safe) that others may tell you just won't work.