Great time in Wyoming

FURMAN

I Shot this buck at 600 yds with my new 7WSM Stiller. I knew his right prong was broke when I shot but I couldn't pass on a buck with this mass and height. We probably looked over a hundred bucks and only saw maybe five in the upper 70s to lower 80s. I can not wait to get back out west.

Attachments

• DSCF07311.JPG
    DSCF07311.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 75
I measured him in the field at around 15.5. The taxidermist said close to 16. I didn't mess with getting below the hair and measuring from the longest spot. I rough scored him at a little over 79". I have a tough time holding out for "trophies". I just enjoy the hunt. The next time I go antelope hunting I will be holding out for something over 82 though. Could be a few years though as the mule deer is next on my agenda.

You DID hold out for a trophy. Mule Deer will fill your dreams. In my opinion trophy mule deer are the hardest tags to punch...great country though.

Good job and good hunting.

Thanks for the compliments. I am going to try to take a few weeks on the mule deer hunt. I know it is going to be a little more difficult than antelope.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.