Great Sale Price on Leica 1600

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Scot E, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Scot E

Scot E Well-Known Member

Guys,

Not sure how long they will last, the sale goes to the 18th, but Cabelas has the Leica 1600's for $549. That is as good as I have seen.

I wouldn't wait if you are interested. I have missed out on a ton of good deals at Cabelas by just waiting for a few hours.

Just and FYI!

Scot E.

2. highridge1

highridge1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if thats a oops, They are discontinuing that model but the sale I have seen from other major dealers is $649... One hack of a deal at $549 it's marked less than the sale on the 1000 model

3. Scot E

Scot E Well-Known Member

Its legit. I know a bunch of guys that have bought them already.

Scot E.

4. wyomingblizzard

wyomingblizzard Well-Known Member

Its a legit price at 549 I just ordered one

5. WapitiBob

WapitiBob Well-Known Member

thanks, one on the way

6. highridge1

Cheaper than the 1000 yard model, tough to beat that deal !

7. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

One ordered here too. Also had free shipping. Great deal. If it doesn't out perform my Bushnell Elite 1500 it goes back.

8. highridge1

I have owned the Leica 1600, Zeiss PRF, and the swarovski. The Leica did well but was a little small for my hands and holding steady at long range. The zeiss Prf is excellent just doesn't range as far as the leica and swarovski. The swarovski reads further out and more consistent than the other two. The Leica is a awesome deal at that price and gets ranges out to 1600 pretty easy

9. gamehawker

gamehawker Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will out perform your Bushnell Elite 1500.

10. WapitiBob

ordered mine last night, appears they are now gone...

11. Roxbororowdy

Roxbororowdy Member

checked them out last night at 549. Had to do some talkin, and went to buy this mornin and it was at 649. when i contacted them they said it had never been 549 and basically if i didnt have proof, i was up a creek.

12. Scot E

Scot E Well-Known Member

I received the one I ordered today. Did some basic testing tonight before it got too dark and was getting first time reads at grassy hills at 1400-1650 yards. Got a pine tree reading at 1552 yards and a red barn at 1906. I also got readings off the side of houses past 1800 yards.

I will do some more testing tomorrow but it looks like I got a good one!

Scot E.

13. WapitiBob

ha, I see they are back up at $749. I got mine at 549 and they called today to confirm the 2 different addresses.

14. Scot E

Scot E Well-Known Member

The only spec I am a bit disappointed in is the angle correction. I must have misread this feature. Unless I am still missing an option it only gives you the line of sight angle in degrees, it does not compensate and give the corrected yardage.

Not a huge deal but would have been nice especially for archery hunting which I was going to use if for as well.

Scot E.