Great optic for short range shooting

Engineering101

I got this crazy idea that I wanted a 22LR that looked like a full size rifle so I bought a Savage MKII with the all black finish and the bull barrel. So then the question is what scope to put on it. I found one that is more fun than a barrel of monkees. It is a Sight Mark 3-30X56. What makes this so fun is that it focuses to 10 yards. You haven't lived until you have shot squirrels on 30 power at 10 yards. It also has exposed turrets so you can dial up just like the big rifles. Sure wish I had this rig when I was a kid. Never to late though?

I put one on a heavy barrel Savage which us chambered for a .224 wildcat cartridge based on a .264 Win Mag. Of course any standard belted magnum case would work. It holds about the same amount of powder as a .30-06. I plan to sight it in within the next few days. I am really curios how well the adjustments work.

The wildcat is called .224 MBOC.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.