Grayboe VS Bell & Carlson?

B&C VS Grayboe

• B&C

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Grayboe

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

wilkup

Shopping for a new stock and am specifically interested in the light Grayboe Outlander option and the B&C Alaskan Ti.
I've used B&C's stocks on other rifles I've owned in the past and thought they worked fine for the money I paid. I'm just curious if the Grayboe offers anything more in build quality or handling, having never owned one of their products. I have owned a few McMillans, which is part of why I'm curious.
They're priced close enough I feel the comparison is close to fair.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have one greyboe stock but not the model you are looking at. It is an m40 style stock. If I put it next to a bell and carlson you wouldnt know the difference. I think the quality is about the same.

I'd look at fit and features. Last I looked at B&C they didn't offer DBM inlets on most models. Who has the grip and drop at comb you want, etc. Both will be good stocks, depends on what fits you and your needs.

I have one greyboe stock but not the model you are looking at. It is an m40 style stock. If I put it next to a bell and carlson you wouldnt know the difference. I think the quality is about the same.
M40 style, meaning the Terrain?
That's the other option I'm considering, just not sure on comb height and weight with it compared to the Outlander.

Here is one I just finished.

1DF3A7EA-4987-4498-8168-6D9CFC18F60A.jpeg
95C76C00-2D08-4EB8-AAD0-DD25B0B425FE.jpeg

I have sever
Shopping for a new stock and am specifically interested in the light Grayboe Outlander option and the B&C Alaskan Ti.
I've used B&C's stocks on other rifles I've owned in the past and thought they worked fine for the money I paid. I'm just curious if the Grayboe offers anything more in build quality or handling, having never owned one of their products. I have owned a few McMillans, which is part of why I'm curious.
They're priced close enough I feel the comparison is close to fair.
Thanks in advance.
I have several Greyboe Terrain's and 2 B&C Alaskan TI's. The Greyboe's seen you fit much better and recoil seems like it is straight back compared to the B&C's. If I were to do it all over again I'd buy the Greyboe.

The terrain has a nicer grip, and the increase cheek weld is a huge plus for me, and most, when running a 30mm plus optic. Especially when shooting prone these all made a big difference for me. I would watch for a sale as they usually have a big one this coming holiday the end of May. I got that stock on sale with them for 399 and the bottom metal was half price at $89 during one of their sales. Also check Stockys for deals on their stocks. Ryan Melancon is a great guy at Greyboe. Call him or email him if you have any questions. Let him know Joe from Tucson referred you. He and I talk often. [email protected]

Last edited:
The terrain has a nicer grip, and the increase cheek weld is a huge plus for me, and most, when running a 30mm plus optic. Especially when shooting prone these all made a big difference for me. I would watch for a sale as they usually have a big one this coming holiday the end of May. I got that stock on sale with them for 399 and the bottom metal was half price at $89 during one of their sales. Also check Stockys for deals on their stocks. Ryan Melancon is a great guy at Greyboe. Call him or email him if you have any questions. Let him know Joe from Tucson referred you. He and I talk often.
Thanks for the explanation Joe. The balance may be shifting in favor of a Terrain...

I haven't held the terrain, but the outlander I held on the factory Remington rifle that used it didn't have as high a cheek weld as I would like. Also check with RedHawk rifles. They usually do a combo on the stock with a bottom metal.

I haven't held the terrain, but the outlander I held on the factory Remington rifle that used it didn't have as high a cheek weld as I would like. Also check with RedHawk rifles. They usually do a combo on the stock with a bottom metal.more good information.
What size tube and objective do you typically prefer on your optics?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts