Gotta love winning a rifle

I was extremely fortunate to win a fantastic rifle last week. It's a custom Remington 700 chambered in 280AI. Build list parts include a benchmark #2 contour 23" 5R 9 twist barrel, triggertech trigger, B&C bedded stock, cerekoted metal, Leupold vx3i 4.5-14 CDS scope mounted with Talleys. All of the parts and gunsmithing was donated and tickets sold as a fundraiser. Looking forward to shooting this fine rifle soon.

View attachment 146050
Nice enjoy

Dude, nice rig, "especially" for free! I recall wining a Browning A-Bolt Micro Medallion In 7MM-08 at a Ducks Unlimited fundraiser in 1991. I was gonna trade for a .280 rem but decided to keep the Little "pocket rifle" aught 8 cos the kids loved it so much. Well, 70 head of game later and the kids all grown, its still in the gun safe...talk about bang for your buck...free is most definitely good!

I was extremely fortunate to win a fantastic rifle last week. It's a custom Remington 700 chambered in 280AI. Build list parts include a benchmark #2 contour 23" 5R 9 twist barrel, triggertech trigger, B&C bedded stock, cerekoted metal, Leupold vx3i 4.5-14 CDS scope mounted with Talleys. All of the parts and gunsmithing was donated and tickets sold as a fundraiser. Looking forward to shooting this fine rifle soon.

View attachment 146050

Super nice! I look forward to some range reports. I have a specific interest. I have a weatherby ultralightweight in 280 that never shot well. I plan to send it to Hill country rifles for their accurizing package. Plan to have them rebarrel in 280 AI while they're at it. Probably one contour heavier than factory. I was thinking a bartlein but the guy there recommended a benchmark. Hope I can get your opinion on yours down the line.

Congrats on the win! If you are looking at letting it go I would love to add it to my collection. I have a 280 Rem in a 700 mountain rifle and it's one of my favourite rifles for muley's and antelope on the Canadian prairies!

Congrats on the win! If you are looking at letting it go I would love to add it to my collection. I have a 280 Rem in a 700 mountain rifle and it's one of my favourite rifles for muley's and antelope on the Canadian prairies!

Couple people trying to buy it off me. I'd like to use it this season

View attachment 146050

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.