Got the itch to build again.

7-08 is good, most shoot 130/140 if looking for less recoil. By doing that they give up bc that they would keep in a 130/140 gr in a 260. i love my 260AI. I am also interested to go on a deer hunt with my 6GT.

I like the options yall gave. But 7mm08 is a caliber I don't have and have always wanted. Now that I can't shoot my magnums due to blood thinners I figure no time like the present. Also I have a 6.5 cm already that is a tack driver.
Blood thinners??? Why would that preclude shooting anything????

Hell everyone my name is Cliff and as the title says I got the itch to build another gun, the challenge on this one is I'm coming off some strokes so this will be like occupational therapy. I'm going to build on a true remington 700 action which will be a first for me and I'm thinking 7mm08 for the caliber. Open to any advice.

Thank you.
If it's a LA, think about a 338/06. Or a 6.5/284. I built my 6.5/284 on a LA it allows you to seat bullets out. If you go SA, look at 6x47L

If you truly want to build the entire rifle yourself, call up James at Northland Shooters Supply. He has everything you need to build your rifle except the stock. I recently built a 280 AI on a Rem 700 action using the Criterion Remage barrel (Krieger makes the Criterion barrels. They are button rifled, while Krieger are cut rifled)Put an APA Micro Bastard muzzle brake on it. It's great, but I prefer the Area419 Hellfire brakes. Jane's suggested Grayboe stocks. I purchased their Outlander and it dropped right in (no adjustments needed around the barrel nut) Couldn't be happier. The gun is a tack driver, and it was a lot of fun putting it together. Plus, now I have all the tools to rebarrel it, or any of my Savages, in the future.

bucks. To easily and forming a giant hematoma.
Best of luck with that! I had a heart attack 14 years ago from a blood clot, and they put me on blood thinners for awhile, but then they couldn't figure why....normal BP, low cholesterol ( 60's), no arterial problems or anything else they could pinpoint. So now I take a 325mg asprin a day and they check my clotting factors every guarter. I don't bruise easily so who knows? I didn't stop shooting, and we talked about it, and I shoot predominantly magnums. I am 78 and get out a lot. I had to make a deal to not go out and about solo, but I have a dozen grandsons, and 4 son in laws that like to get out with me, plus a14 year old Tom boy granddaughter. 10 of my 17 rifles are magnums. Again good luck!!

bucks. To easily and forming a giant hematoma.
Best of luck with that! I had a heart attack 14 years ago from a blood clot, and they put me on blood thinners for awhile, but then they couldn't figure why....normal BP, low cholesterol ( 60's), no arterial problems or anything else they could pinpoint. So now I take a 325mg asprin a day and they check my clotting factors every quarter. I don't bruise easily so who knows? I didn't stop shooting, and we talked about it, and I shoot predominantly magnums. I am 78 and get out a lot. I had to make a deal to not go out and about solo, but I have a dozen grandsons, and 4son in laws that like to get out with me

So, low recoil whitetail hunting rifle, 500 yds max.

So, fiberglass and protected steel or wood and bluing....what do you like?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.