Got my hands on a Viper PST today

Camshaft

So I was at a local gun shop today and low and behold there was a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24, Its not exactly the scope i want but i had a chance to handle it and see what it was really made of. And i must say, i was very impressed. First off it felt solid. Not cheap like i was half expecting. The turrets had very solid and firm clicks which i liked very much. I had a chance to take it out and look through it in the rain and overcast weather, and the glass really blew my mind. Very crisp in the overcast dark rainy weather. Over all, an awesome scope, way way ahead of my current Nikon monarch and in my opinion way ahead of the Leupold VX-3 costing significantly more which i compared side by side to this scope. Now the Leupold only went down to 6.5 power but by looking through it in the same conditions as the PST, I am flat out convinced that the PST glass is SIGNIFICANTLY better that the Leupold glass. My mind is made up, my next 2 scopes will be a 4-16 and 6-24 Viper PST's. My only complaint is very trivial but, the beveled edges on the turrets are VERY sharp and seem like could lead to some raw finger tips after a long day of cranking on them. The illumination by the way is very bright but i didn't pay much attention to it as i wont be using it anyways.

So I was at a local gun shop today and low and behold there was a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24, Its not exactly the scope i want but i had a chance to handle it and see what it was really made of. And i must say, i was very impressed. First off it felt solid. Not cheap like i was half expecting. The turrets had very solid and firm clicks which i liked very much. I had a chance to take it out and look through it in the rain and overcast weather, and the glass really blew my mind. Very crisp in the overcast dark rainy weather. Over all, an awesome scope, way way ahead of my current Nikon monarch and in my opinion way ahead of the Leupold VX-3 costing significantly more which i compared side by side to this scope. Now the Leupold only went down to 6.5 power but by looking through it in the same conditions as the PST, I am flat out convinced that the PST glass is SIGNIFICANTLY better that the Leupold glass. My mind is made up, my next 2 scopes will be a 4-16 and 6-24 Viper PST's. My only complaint is very trivial but, the beveled edges on the turrets are VERY sharp and seem like could lead to some raw finger tips after a long day of cranking on them. The illumination by the way is very bright but i didn't pay much attention to it as i wont be using it anyways.

Good report thanks for that I love hearing the first hand accounts.

Jon

PS. try and act a little more rugged will ya "raw finger tips" :D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.