Got my Zeiss HD5 5x25x50mm today

Does this scope come without ZS? Maybe I'm missing something, but I think if you used a 30 MOA base, you would have over 60 MOA of up travel and no need for a ZS?

That's the only solution that I though would work for me, I'm going to want every bit of 65 MOA if I were to get one.

That's the only solution that I though would work for me, I'm going to want every bit of 65 MOA if I were to get one.

Looks like a real nice scope for the money. Too bad it's only a 1" tube and too bad they don't have MOA reticles. Looks good for something like a 6mm, 25-06, etc.

Shooting a 6mm bullet with a G7 of .27 @ 3400 fps would put me @ 1600 yds above sub-sonic and 44 MOA @ 3000' altitude. Definitely something to consider for a mountain packing wolf regulator.

I just got mine in mail... Took it out spin it to 25x power walked outside (im in country) looked across a crop field at 1200 yards.. Im more than pleased. I will take sxs photos through lens with a nxs... Probably be tomorrow...

So by doing that you still have a zero stop but can now adjust the turret more than 16 MOA?

You will not have a stop in either direction if you remove the screw. It is all or nothing :D
I believe they are saying by using a canted rail you will not be able to dial more than one turn below your zero so the internal stop will keep you from going past one turn...but I could be wrong.

gary

I wonder why Zeiss a company well established in the optics field known for quality products have their engineers design a zero stop that limits the elevation adjustment to 16.5 MOA. Mind boggling to me!!

You are right bruce_ventura. I can get to 800 yards with a 250 yard zero @ 4000' but that is not what I want. Zeiss really messed up. This nice compact scope with its short turrets would have been a cat's meow. Was all ready to order one till 8and bait clued me in. Back to the HS or PST.

I absolutely agree! Why did Zeiss expand the elevation MOA travel to 65 MOA and you can't even take advantage of it when you use the zero stop!

My Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scopes have a zero stop and I have over 46 MOA elevation travel on them with my EGW 20 MOA Picatinny rail, Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings mounting setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.