Got a new rifle, sending it back to the factory

I understand if we have a problem with a product we need to work it out or attempt to work it out with the manufacturer. before pouncing on them. But I think the OP did a good job describing his problem and the route he was taking with out any malice.

I also think if we are getting push back from the manufacturer about taking care of a problem we should be able to post it too. If I buy a clacker from Klinger Clackers and my clacker won't clack and Klinger tells me to go pound sand I'm going to bust their balls on line for not doing the right thing. On the other side of the coin if they take care of the issue I'll let that be known too.

Like it or not these forums are a powerful tool. If all we can post are the feel good posts about how much I love my Klinger clacker but can't post about their poor product or customer service we all lose our voice. When we lose our voice these companies can keep making products that are junk or have design flaws with pretty much no recourse. By letting others know about these issues we have some leverage to make them take care of their issues.

Just my opinion, that and $2.00 will buy a cup of coffee in some places.

Justin

I detected no maliciousness with the post. I have made similar posts myself with pictures on this and many other forums. The ability to do this in a civil manner is ultimately good for us, the shooting public, and the gun industry as a whole. Isn't transparency a good thing? Keep in mind that most of the guns under the (let's say) $1,200 mark are mass produced. As such are prone to a percentage of failure and quality issues. Quality yields are endemic in all manufacturing environments. To which the gun industry is not immune.

I have taken two guns back to Ruger in the past 20 years. Ruger was very quick and professional is handling my issues and exceeding my expectations. I have had similar experiences with Springfield Armory, Browning, Winchester and Tikka. All have been more than willing to work with me in evaluating my issues and either repair the firearm or buy it back. As a manufacturer they are more than happy to do so. Both from a potential liability stand point, customer satisfaction standpoint and to improve their own internal processes in making a better and safer product. But you have to fill out the RMA ticket and get the gun back to them to formally validate your complaint and therefore cost justify the actions to address your complaint.

To censure this type of discussion on this forum and many others, unless it was blatantly abusive, would be a big mistake in my opinion. The manufacturers monitor all of these boards and social media for the purpose of increasing customer satisfaction and safety...Such as this thread.... Does anyone see the irony if we support the 2nd amendment and thwart the 1st ?

I don't think i mentioned anyone by name, but YOU did. I never said kill em all and let God sort them out nor did i imply that. You sound like a young adult [chronologically anyway]So don't read something into my post that isn't there! I have been a civilian for many many years and listened to this pc bs and it is way out of control, so i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.

SemperFi

CONTEXT: it is really important - isn't it? "Semper Fi" was my salute to the Marine corps - and the feeling that I know represents many people on the boards here. I was not referring to your use of it. THAT was purely coincidental that you thought I meant YOU. Look at the punctuation I used to help with that. I realize that punctuation is often not paid attention to. What a shame......
T

It is not WHAT you say...it IS HOW you say it that makes the difference....:D

That mindset is what makes things so frustrating. If you have a problem, you should state your problem. No one needs to go wading through soft language to decipher the speaker's meaning in order to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

Let me ask you this; did Japan ask about anyone's feelings before the attack on Pearl Harbor? And did we subsequently ask about their feelings when we obliterated two cities?

Wolves will stay on top only if they need to contend with sheep.

Don't be sheep.[/QUOTE]

So...you think that WWII and Japan's attack on the U.S. is analagous to someone getting a defective firearm from a manufacturer? Dude...get some help....:confused::rolleyes::D

"So...you think that WWII and Japan's attack on the U.S. is analagous to someone getting a defective firearm from a manufacturer? Dude...get some help....:confused::rolleyes::D"

Orwellian double talk, political correctness.

Yes, having to not say what you actually mean everyday of your life is terrifying.

New York says they will fine you $250,000 for using the term illegal alien.

I don't know if this will hold up. This is a legal term, it is words that have meaning.
You just can't outlaw words because you don't like them.

Yet, that is what New York just said they would do.

I think the point being made is that in the past we called things as they were, not how we wished they were.

Japan was the enemy, and everyone described them as such.
For the last 8 years, OBAMA would not use the term Islamic terrorist because he didn't want to offend anyone.

Insanity.

The point made was that if you can't call out a company by name, you are giving away your consumer freedom.

I bought an apple phone that immediately failed.
I went to their web pages to complain, and was almost immediately banned.

They simply would not tolerate someone questioning the defective design of their product.

I have not bought an APPLE product since.

I posted some info that had changed with a major package handler regarding guns and ammo just as a public service announcement on another forum and was blasted to kingdom come. I stated then it was like my 1st Amendment rights were revoked. Just a heads up, and I didn't disparage the company. I'm not sure I fully "get it."

I find the most concerning aspect of this the thread - is the obvious and many times stated "freedom of speech" fears. And - because of the times we live in, I am not going to disparage anyone for their feeling being on edge about that. But I have never found it to be a problem here on LRH...Folks - I will give you full disclosure on this subject about myself: I currently own 2 discussion forums - not connected with hunting or shooting sports. We have clear rules. The rules are simple. Treat others as you want to be treated. That would mean respect. We can disagree - but we don't benefit ourselves or anyone by having a "high school" attitude about a problem. No need to be overly aggressive - or defensive. AND...the philosophy that "we" are not the enemy. Nor are manufacturers. Nor are the folks that made this forum available as a tool to create a sense of community among hunters. We DO have real enemies that would like to put a stop to our heritage of hunting. No need to empower them further with unwarranted fear and anger expressed at the wrong people. The OP has a problem with a rifle- he explained it is a calm restrained and disciplined manner and we all want to see the manufacturer do the right thing by him. I think calling the manufacturer by name is fine. I think asking for advice and suggestions are good. I just don't think that the tone of some of the posts in this thread convey a clear understanding that we are all on the same team. Even if we wear different size shoes, and hats.:)

CONTEXT: it is really important - isn't it? "Semper Fi" was my salute to the Marine corps - and the feeling that I know represents many people on the boards here. I was not referring to your use of it. THAT was purely coincidental that you thought I meant YOU. Look at the punctuation I used to help with that. I realize that punctuation is often not paid attention to. What a shame......
T
You are right, punctuation is not paid attention to, so i assumed you didn't either.
Have a nice day.

SemperFi

I find the most concerning aspect of this the thread - is the obvious and many times stated "freedom of speech" fears. And - because of the times we live in, I am not going to disparage anyone for their feeling being on edge about that. But I have never found it to be a problem here on LRH...Folks - I will give you full disclosure on this subject about myself: I currently own 2 discussion forums - not connected with hunting or shooting sports. We have clear rules. The rules are simple. Treat others as you want to be treated. That would mean respect. We can disagree - but we don't benefit ourselves or anyone by having a "high school" attitude about a problem. No need to be overly aggressive - or defensive. AND...the philosophy that "we" are not the enemy. Nor are manufacturers. Nor are the folks that made this forum available as a tool to create a sense of community among hunters. We DO have real enemies that would like to put a stop to our heritage of hunting. No need to empower them further with unwarranted fear and anger expressed at the wrong people. The OP has a problem with a rifle- he explained it is a calm restrained and disciplined manner and we all want to see the manufacturer do the right thing by him. I think calling the manufacturer by name is fine. I think asking for advice and suggestions are good. I just don't think that the tone of some of the posts in this thread convey a clear understanding that we are all on the same team. Even if we wear different size shoes, and hats.:)

Well said T,
I agree that we do have some very savy and powerful political adversaries out there. The board hosts, the manufacturers and ourselves are not among them.

The "Loyal-Opposition" Is well funded and working very hard to create a very un-flattering narrative of Hunters, Shooters and Gun enthusiast... Let's not do their work for them.

Good luck and with ruger it shouldnt be a problem. Bought one for a truck gun, but dang shooting 140 grain sierra game king inside a guarter at 100 yds. So im using it as a regular go to, now that my grand daughter shot it its over for me but she is kicking butt with it. Wish you the best they are fine weapons also have a 22 250.

morning, the clip operation is not working properly. myself
I would ask for a refund. buy a Hells canyon browning.
myself I would not own a rifle with clip. an another area
for problems to occur. seating problems. justme gbot tum
here it comes!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.