Good deal......or not?

MudRunner2005

Alright guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. Been very busy here at work, and yesterday one of my buddys called me with "first dibbs" on a new rifle/scope combo that got put on consignment in the outdoors store where he works.

Here are the details...and I'll quote the price at the end.

I just want to know if it's a really good deal. It sounded to me like it is.

Rifle: Weatherby Mark-V AccuMark .30-378 Wby Mag. with AccuBrake (very new, excellent condition, and appears to be hardly shot)

Scope: Swarovski Habicht PV-S 6-24x50 30mm tube (unsure of retical)

Rings & Bases: Leupold

Price: asking $2500....but might be negotiable.

What do yall think? Good deal or not?

Thanks in advance guys.

Looks like you can purchase the gun new for around 1750-1850.

I do not know the value of the scope.

My guess is that it is a deal and if you can get it a little cheaper, perhaps a good deal.

And if the scope is worth a lot more than 7-800 then it is already a good deal.

I would say it is a very good deal. Like Aldon said the gun is 1700 or so then the scope is around 1200 pound. Very heavy huh:D. Actually the pound i am refering to is the British Pound which converts over to about $1700 so according to this if you bought it all new it would be over $3000 so 2500 is a pretty good deal but its always good to talk them down as much as possible.

Sounds like a great deal to me. Those rifles new are over $2k and the scopes new were around $2k so I'd so go for it. You could sell the scope if you didn't like it and still be way ahead.

I decided not to buy it. Thanks for the input guys. I found out that I could buy a new one and new scope for about $500 more.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.