God groups but bad ES

I think I would take whats behind door #1.

I would NOT be looking to change powders or primers at this point. When you are getting 1/4 MOA at 750 yards, you likely have no where to go but down. Dont try and improve it, dont try and change your ES. What ever you are doing, keep doing it.

I know everybody here says your chrony is broken or it lies or whatever. Granted they are not perfect but I can consistently read single digit ES for one rifle while getting 30+ for another at the same sessions and day after day so I know it is NOT my chrony. Yet even my 30+ ES loads shoot very well out to 600-800 yards. Mathematically and in theory the vertical should be all over the place but sometimes it just is not the case. This is due to having a good barrel/load harmonic relationship. This IMHO is 100 times more valuable that a small ES.

DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

M

No one mentioned test same load on a different crony? Find a friend with a crony and test the two cronys against each other. What would happen if you lined two cronys up in line one behind the other to see if they post same results?

Just a thought.

Certainly sounds like good shooting.

BT

I say quit tinkering and shoot the freaking thing.
But you have to determine what is acceptable(and reasonable) performance for you and your gear. I would be very happy with your results.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.