Glass for my 300wm

Dirtsurfer

Ok, had a custom 300wm built: stiller, benchmark etc, loves 215 bergers and is a sub Moa gun if I do my part. This was my first large caliber long range hunter and I went with what I knew Leopold 4.5-14x40. Well I am finding out this gun can reach out a touch things further then I feel comfortable with the current scope. So here I sit hat in hand asking advice, 4.5k budget, Willing to take on weight for good low light performance and will be dialing for elevation/windage. All advice welcome and appreciated. Thanks Seth

2nd gen (they call it the "enhanced") NF ATACR 5-25x56 with MOAR-T (thin) reticle! Thing is awesome on my .300 WM with the same 215 Bergers. 120 MOA elevation adjustment in the scope. That'll take you as far as those 215's can go. Can be had for ~2k used or mid 2's new. Not light, about 38 ounces. But worth it.

Sully2, Yes it can but I like to have a fuller sight picture when I shoot that kind of distance and am not getting it with 14x, I don't want to wound an animal if I am going to stretch its legs and since I can afford to upgrade why not for my personal comfort level.

Kahles 624i AMR reticle

Have one on both of my hunting rifles. Great glass, great reticle, Mil Mil.

Love it.

I agree with 6point5. I have an ATACR enhanced MOART on my 300 mag. It's worth the extra weight!!

I have a vx3 4.5-14x40 cds, but no sale, it's going on the wife's new 6x47 lapua. Oh decided on the atacr enhanced, thanks for all the input

With a budget of 4.5k I would look into Tangent Theta. That is me being completely selfish however and wanting to get a report on them. I have zero experience with them and only know what I have read on the innerweb. They certainly look very well built though with some really innovative features.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.