Getting Closer - SAVAGE Model 116 FSAK

RAYZORT

I posted earlier about the 7mm Rem. Mag by Weatherby and Remington. I mentioned I leaned toward the Weatherby as my preferred rifle. As I research further I am really liking the Savage. It has a free floating, dual pillar bedded, button rifled barrel with an adjustable muzzle brake.

I also expressed the need to keep the weight down. The Savage weighs in (w/out scope) at 7-1/4 pounds for the 7mm rem. Mag, .300 Win Mag. & .338 Win. Mag. Here's the good part; cost - $619 MSRP!

Have any of you had experience with this rifle and what are your comments?

I am looking at a Sako 75 Hunter SS.

I would go with a savage rifle. They have the best trigger and pretty good barrels. The action have good accuracy and are able to change from on caliber to another very quickly. I would make sure to buy a 2004 savage because most of them come with accu triggers. i would buy the 7wsm and have avias style or JP muzzle break installed. The savage breaks work but not nearly as effective as a muzzle break can be. Thanks Reed

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.