Gene Jr. from Lancaster, PA

Gene Jr.

Hello,

I've been lurking for awhile now and decided to join in the fun. Thanks for having me!

I have many years of smallbore (22LR) three position and prone experience and hunting experience of all types from the east coast. My field shooting to date has topped out in the 300 yard range.

I have no magnum caliber experience beyond helping a friend sight in a 338RUM. I have a strong desire now to build something in the RUM family, 300, Edge, 8mmx300RUM. The 8mm is just a quirk of mine. I know, I know, bullet selection sucks...But have you seen the 210 SGK!

Thanks again for having me!

Gene

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Gene. Got the urge to build something huh? Oh boy, this is gonna get expensive, but it sure is fun. Good luck.

Welcome Gene..

Great place to be, I've been on here for years.

I'm just up 283 from you a few miles.
Be happy to help you put together a RUM...:)

Thanks Joel! I'm in Elizabethtown so, just down the road. You'll be at the top of the list when I'm ready to put one together. I had hoped to stay with someone within driving distance when the time comes anyway. Nice to do business face to face. Thanks for saying hi!

Gene

That would be great. I know plenty of skilled shooters but honestly none of them would be what I consider a long range hunter. It's nice to find somebody in my own backyard right off.

Thanks,
Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.