G7

Aaron,

Myself and several friends have bought the G-7 and are very happy with it. For the sake of some of the other readers, would you explain how to determine where the laser actually is in relation to where the cross hairs are on the BR2.

Thanks for a great product even if it means I can never question whatever my wife wants to buy for the rest of my life......................

On old units the square display represents the height and half the width of the laser output. For new models (released July 15), the only aiming option is a rectangle. It represents the beam output. The new beam size is about 50% smaller than the old beam size. Both are rectangular in shape.

Here is a quick check test. Put a target up at 100 yards with a bold rectangle that is 2 Mrad tall X 4 Mrad wide - for old units, and 1.5 Mrad tall X 3 Mrad wide - for new units. Then place the RF in a steady rest and align with your rectangle. That will give you a very good image of the beam location.

In practice, there is light that escapes in the horizontal direction, and we've seen the new diodes deliver slightly smaller than 1.5 Mrad in vertical measurement. (which, by the way, you can test by videoing with some of the new handycams that have a night shooting mode).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.