G7 br2

rklein

Anyone else have the issue of not being able to see the display
on this rangefinder if your background is bright or a snow covered field? I literally have to put my hand infront of it to see the yardage display if not against a dark background.

yes, it is very dim in bright daylight. There is a setting to make it brighter but not bright enough.

gary

Im set as bright as it goes. well glad to hear im not alone I guess. Wish I could of tried one before I bought it but just went by reviews and no one mentioned this issue.

there are very few flaws with the G7 and I will agree that is on of them. Automatic brightness would sure be nice also! My only other complains would be glass quality and size.

I talked to Mike Davidson and their customer service rep about it and they made it sound like I must have a bad one that they have never had that problem. They did say to send it back and they would have a look at it but I didn't want to be without a range finder for the season.

That is some what common with most.When real bright on sunny and snow I usually just swing to timber after triggered for read.But im always in that type country that has dark background areas

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.