G7 br2?

Mark in Mo

I just received this range finder, my question is while inputting my data for MOA solution there was never a field for weather conditions for my 200yrd zero.....how will it deliver a solution with out that?
When inputting Data for a BDC, it has fields for turret temp as well as turret altitude, but it's solution is "Shoot Too" in yards.....all of my turrets are in MOA
I watched Aron's video on programming, he started out with BDC after all his inputs he ranged rock wall and came up with a solution in MOA....what gives?

Why would it make a difference what the conditions are? Even if there was a difference it would be so minimal you couldn't measure it. Seriously.

For example, it could change your zero to 198 or 203 yards. Or you dial 15.3 moa vs 15.4 moa...This isn't an exact science.

Why would it make a difference what the conditions are? Even if there was a difference it would be so minimal you couldn't measure it. Seriously.

It makes a difference to me, considering that I do most of my range work at 1800' with with an average summer day being 95 degrees with low humidity (18% on average) and a lot of my hunting is at 6000' with higher humidity and temps close to 30 degrees.

Did some quick numbers and it works out to approximately 8.11" @ 1000 yards, which would be a miss on a coues.

So you are saying, I zero the rifle at sea level at 92 degrees and head to Colorado and hunt at 8000ft 25 degrees......won't make much difference? Then why does it measure alt, temp, barometric press?
Maybe you misunderstood my question.....the only fields to fill in for MOA correction
Drag standard G1
BC
MV
Sight ht
Zero range

Now if I had BDC turrets it has two more fields to fill in
Turret Temp
Turret Alt

Unfortunately my turrets are in MOA

So you are saying, I zero the rifle at sea level at 92 degrees and head to Colorado and hunt at 8000ft 25 degrees......won't make much difference? Then why does it measure alt, temp, barometric press?
Maybe you misunderstood my question.....the only fields to fill in for MOA correction
Drag standard G1
BC
MV
Sight ht
Zero range

Now if I had BDC turrets it has two more fields to fill in
Turret Temp
Turret Alt

Unfortunately my turrets are in MOA

Maybe you misunderstand the concept. G7 measures that for you.

It makes a difference to me, considering that I do most of my range work at 1800' with with an average summer day being 95 degrees with low humidity (18% on average) and a lot of my hunting is at 6000' with higher humidity and temps close to 30 degrees.

Did some quick numbers and it works out to approximately 8.11" @ 1000 yards, which would be a miss on a coues.

Go back and read the question again.

Mark, I have a BR2 and have one profile set for a turrent in yards, another profile set for a MOA calibrated turrent. The unit will do both, but I need to follow the book each time I put in a new profile.

As for alt changes, the unit compensates for it, once you've tuned the profile to the rifle/load.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.