"G" Drag Models

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by edenfies, Jan 7, 2008.

1. edenfies

edenfies Member

Does anyone know where I can find the equations used for the Ingalls "G" Drag models? Can't seem to find any literature on them. Thanks for any help.

2. edenfies

edenfies Member

Not one person knows? I wonder why they are so hard to find?

3. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

I think Ingall was way before 'G' tables were established.
    Your best bet would be a 'Google Books' search.

4. sharpshooterbr

sharpshooterbr Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but may help. Go to this link and under the "4th Edition Manual" heading, read from 6.0 to 6.5. Should point you in the right direction.

exterior ballistics

5. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Ballistic Progams

Such as Art Pejsa's, will give you their reference models but for a .30 caliber shooter, the 1555gr BTHP has a G value approximating G5 and a long BTHP approximates G7 drag models. Cordially, Overbore

6. edenfies

edenfies Member

The exterior ballistic section was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help guys.

7. sharpshooterbr

sharpshooterbr Well-Known Member

Glad the info worked for you. Good Shootin'.

8. Savageman69

Savageman69 Well-Known Member

the ingall models are not the same as G drag models the g drag model is more updated but you can find the conversion tables, All manufacturers publish coefficients using the g1 model, i am trying to find a table of B.C decay rates for the G models.

my problem is that even with an accurate measurement of the projectile, cartrige, sectional density and the bullet wieght, the results will be using the wrong decay rate therefore the bullet drop, wont be what you see in the field