• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Snowy Mtn Rifle Co. GTR **SOLD**

gebhardt02

I just finished test firing this rifle and am very happy with the results. This is a familiar configuration to those of you who have seen my listings before.

This rifle is built on the original SMR design action, the SMR 350. This is a short action, Remington footprint action so it accepts Remington aftermarket accessories. The action utilizes a Pacific Tool and Gauge bolt with welded on bolt handle and is fitted with our target knob. The bolt has our slab side fluting. The action is topped with an SMR 20 MOA picatinny rail and also has a side mounted bolt release. A Timney trigger completes the action.

The barrel on this rifle is a Benchmark, chambered in .308 Winchester, 1:10 twist, finished at 24", and is already threaded 5/8X24 for a suppressor or muzzlebrake. Thread protector is included.

The stock is a Bell and Carlson M40 style stock and has been given the grey speckled Cerakote finish in our shop instead of the standard ol' black. We have also fitted this rifle with our DBM system which accepts the wonderful AICS mags. This rifle comes with one 5-round mag but more can be purchased with the rifle or through our online store.

All of the metalwork is finished in black Cerakote.

Those are the pertinent details, now on to how the rifle shoots. Per my usual protocol, I fire all rounds from the prone with bipod and a Red Tac Gear rear bag. For this rifle I didn't have a 50 yard target so I simply fired rounds at the dirt berm at 100 yards and adjusted my scope based off of impact. I was using my Nightforce F1 and ended up using 5 rounds to get POI close to POA in the dirt. One round was fired at a scrap piece of paper to verify and then three rounds fired for group at the target shown below. Again, this was the only group fired with this rifle. I don't fire five or six different groups and then pick the best one to show. The group shown is only three rounds but again, I'm confident the rifle will continue to put up very tight groups.

The ammo used is from McCourt Munitions. This box is what he calls Tac Match and is the first time I have fired his ammo. I was impressed! Check out McCourt Munitions at: McCourt Munitions

We are listing this rifle for $1900 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL. The scope, rings, bipod, rear bag, shooting mat, box of ammo, hat, etc are not included, those are mine.

Please give me a call if you are interested in the rifle. We also do full blown custom rifles, this is just one of our entry level rifles that is priced accordingly but uses some very high quality components.

Geb
406-480-4900

Attachments

• SAM_0126.jpg
    SAM_0126.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_0125.jpg
    SAM_0125.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_0127.jpg
    SAM_0127.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 9
Re: FS: Snowy Mtn Rifle Co. GTR

what type of bedding system do you use in these rifles?
Thanks
Huntall

These rifles do not have any bedding. The stock has the aluminum bedding block already and since these are meant as an entry level custom, we've not done any bedding to keep the cost down.

Geb

Good buy on a custom rifle. Really had me sniffing. Let us know how you like it when you get a chance to take it to the range. Kudos goes out to SMR for makin it happen.
Thanks
Huntall

Good buy on a custom rifle. Really had me sniffing. Let us know how you like it when you get a chance to take it to the range. Kudos goes out to SMR for makin it happen.
Thanks
Huntall

I will do a write up very soon. I looked at this rifle everyday for weeks going back and forth on to buy it or not. I can't find much on SMR as far as reviews so I was hesitant, but for the features and price I had to pull the trigger. Going to put it through the paces, as I bought it for my dad to shoot are local tactical matches with me, and for my main deer, javelina, and coyote gun.

Please do a write up! There haven't been too many nor much info about SMR so I'm looking forward to what you think about it.

Geb