• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SPF: Snowy Mtn Rifle Co. GTR rifle SPF**

gebhardt02

The Snowy Mountain Rifle Company 350 action is one of the original designs. This action has a normal Remington M700 footprint so it accepts these type bottom metals as well as being compatible with Remington triggers.

Where the SMR 350 action differs from the Remington is in the machining tolerances that are held as well as a couple other aspects such as the round rear receiver bridge that matches the contour of the front. These actions are machined as true as possible and do not need any further trueing done to them.

This action utilizes a Pacific Tool and Gauge bolt with the handle being welded to the bolt body instead of being silver soldered. The bolt is also given what we call a slab-side and includes a mini M-16 extractor which is placed just above the right side bolt lug. These extractors are a big improvement over original Remington design. The bolt knob is a larger target style. The trigger is a Timney set to 3 pounds and the action is topped with an SMR built 20 MOA picatinny spec rail. A side bolt release is standard.

This particular rifle is fitted with a Benchmark barrel chambered in .308 Win, Sendero contour, finished at 23" from the front of the recoil lug and the muzzle is threaded 5/8X24 for a suppressor or muzzle brake. Twist rate of the barrel is 1:10. The barreled action is set into a Bell and Carlson M40 style stock and also fitted with an SMR detachable mag system that is very close in design to the Badger Ordnance. SMR has tightened up the clearance on the mag so it is a bit tighter fit but the mag still feeds into the mag system smoothly and drops free easily.

I fired this rifle in some decent but cold conditions. Temperature was 28 degrees F and winds were calm. Firing was done from the prone off of a Harris bipod and a Red Tac Gear rear bag was used for stability. A total of ten rounds were fired. The first three rounds were getting point of impact close to point of aim at 50 yards. The next three shots were to confirm on paper at 100 yds and get impact at POA. I then switched over to the target shown in this pic for the final four rounds. I only intended to fire three rounds for group but I knowingly called the third shot out of the group so I fired a fourth round for good measure.

What should be noted is that this IS NOT the best group of XX number of groups, this was the ONLY group fired from this rifle.

Price for this rifle, which DOES NOT include the Leupold scope or the Harris Bipod (those are my test mules) is priced at $1900.00 plus shipping and insurance. Consider what you are getting here: Custom action, Benchmark barrel that's already threaded and thread protector included, Timney trigger, Mag system that accepts AICS mags, B&C stock, and 20 MOA scope base. Rifle weight sans optic and bipod is 8.2 pounds. This rifle is very competitively priced. Thank you for looking.

Geb

Attachments

• SAM_0050.jpg
    SAM_0050.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_0055.jpg
    SAM_0055.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_0048.jpg
    SAM_0048.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 10
Re: FS: Snowy Mtn Rifle Co. GTR rifle

These rifles shoot as good as any custom gun I have ever shot, I will be doing a full review on the one I just purchased from Snowy maintain rifle company recently. Weather permitting it will be done as soon as possible. For anyone looking for a custom rifle i strongly suggest you look at SMR's line of custom guns. They're pricing is more then fair and the customer service is awesome. Buy one you won't be disappointed.

Shane,

We are looking forward to your review. We hope it will meet your expectations.

Geb

Gentlemen, I would like to get this rifle sold. Price reduced to $1825 plus shipping costs. If you would like any other pictures, just ask and I'll get some taken and posted. Thanks to all that have inquired thus far.

Geb

Geb, I am out of Helena, what would you sell it to me for if I drive over and pick it up?

Mike

Recent Posts