• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Sako 338 LM Single Shot w/ A2 stock

xring,
It weighs around 13#s with a Leupold 8x25x50 LRT. I put that scope on it and weighed it with a bathroom scale. I will send you a pic, it has a Nightforce on it now.
I haven't did alot of load development with the 300 SMK's, just Retumbo and it shot those around 1 moa. The 250 Scenars shot alittle better but with some load development I'm sure the 300's would shoot better. It has a 1-10 twist so I think .5-.75 moa isn't out of the question.

db,
If I remember correctly George built the rifle for himself, it has the McMillan A2 Tactical stock and the whole rifle is black.

Thanks for the inquiries,
Wayne

Wayne,
Maybe I can help you sell this thing- seeing as I am the one who did all the work on it.
I don't know that George originally barrelled it but he did put the Badger lug on it. I built the follower, bedded it and finished it in black teflon. George and myself shot the rifle. It did like the 300's over N560 if I remember correctly, about 3/4"
didn't do much else was going to use it elk hunting this fall as it has a lighter barrel and doesn't weigh 20 lbs like my personal Lapua but somebody had to go and buy it!!!

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited by: chris matthews ]

Chris,
Thank you for the info, sorry I took your elk rifle.
I also had plans for using it as an elk rifle this season but instead used my 338 WinMag to bag a running bull at 200yds. I had the 338 Lapua with me for the anticipated longrange shot but it never appeared.
Wayne

I have a rifle built on a Sako 995 action(TRG-S)with a fluted 30" # 5 PacNor barrel w/ Gentry brake in a McMillan A2 stock chambered in 338 Lapua for sale. It was built by George Gardner of GA precision. Action has been trued, stock bedded with Badger recoil lug. Rifle has less than 400rds thru it. Don't really want to sell but financial needs forces sale. Would like to get $1200 OBO w/ dies and 50pcs. of brass that has been fired 5 times. Also comes with low and high 30mm rings and Burris Redfield type adapter bases.
Thanks for looking,
Wayne

wambo, hope i'm not bothering you to much. your sako 338lm single shot w/a2 stock is on longrange hunter and may be an old add. if you have i'm interested...tom