• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Sako A2 L579 stock

Bcrawford

I currently have a Sako A2 L579 in .22-250 with a heavy barrel that is as new, never fired. I would like to buy a synthetic stock to replace the factory wood stock. The only option I have been able to find is a McMillan. I know they are really nice, well made stocks, but I'm not sure that I want to pay $600 plus for one. I would prefer a drop in stock, but am capable of minor tweaking. Anyone know of other options? Thanks in advance.

Bcrawford,

The last stock I purchased for an L579 was a McMillan. The difference was that I managed to find one on their website store for a reduced price significantly less than $600.

Other than that you're probably out of luck... sorry.

Regards.

I just finished a build on an AII that was originally a .308, It is now a .257 Roberts Ack. Imp. Mine has a McMillan with semi-beaver tail fore end and high comb. It seems to be a very close replica to the factory heavy barrel stock. If you had to spend the money on a McMillan, it is a great way to go.
You might also check MPI stocks (might be pricey), the Sako collector's website or I seem to remember that accuflite handling older Sako parts.

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like a McMillan is going to be the way to go. I'm still open to other suggestions if anyone has any.

Recent Posts