• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ***FS COOPER EXC 243 Win ***

c-ne-elk

For Sale – Cooper Excaliber in 243 Win. This rifle has a documented 340 rounds shot through it. The rifle is in like new condition, only been shot on the range and I cannot find any scuffs, rubs or cuts anywhere on it. This would make someone a great lightweight Coyote rifle. The trigger is set at a crisp 2.5 lbs and it is truly a joy to shoot.

This rifle shoots great using Nosler 70 grain Ballistic Tips and 90 grain Bergers as shown in the targets in the photo. Loads, OAL, etc. furnished to the buyer if you want them.

Below are photos of two other groups shot with the above rifle where I was experimenting with setting back the head spacing. I have owned several Coopers and have found the secret in getting them to shoot really well is to keep the headspacing down. They don't shoot badly with the longer headspacing, it's just that they shoot better with tight head spacing. This rifle chambers easily with only 0.001" headspacing, no forcing of rounds into the chamber.

There is a Leupold VX3 6.5x20 40mm with M1 Turrets calibrated for the Nosler 70 g Ballistic Tip on the rifle right now using a load I developed at 4,000' elevation. The standard Leupold MOA M1 turret will also come with the scope. I am willing to sell the rifle without the scope but will not sell the scope without the rifle at this time.

The 1 inch Talley Rings and bases stay with the rifle along with a set of RCBS Competition Dies.

If you purchase the entire package, the scope will come separately from the rifle for ease of shipping in their factory boxes.

Price for the rifle, rings, bases, dies and scope is $ 2,280.00

Price for the rifle with Talley bases and rings plus die set is $ 1,800.00

I am not really looking for any trades but I will not rule that out, if you have a trade in mind, make me an offer, you never know. Not interested in any pistol, as Matthew Quigley said in Quigley Down Under, nothing against pistols, just don't shoot them much.

Payable by USPS Money Order.

Includes FREE SHIPPING AND INSURANCE via UPS to the lower 47 to your FFL. (no sales to California as my FFL will not ship to California)

Actual shipping charges if you need it shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.

Insure that your FFL will accept delivery from a private individual or there is an additional $50 charge to ship from my FFL to your FFL.

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 243 70g Ball Tip.jpg
    243 70g Ball Tip.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 243-~90 g Berger5 shot.jpg
    243-~90 g Berger5 shot.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 12
Dies and targets for above rifle

Attachments

• 243 dies.jpg
    243 dies.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 243 Factory.jpg
    243 Factory.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 11
  • .243 Headspacing Test.jpg
    .243 Headspacing Test.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
But I would be interested in a 30-06.

Have all types of crazy calibers like 6 xc, 7 LRM etc but find myself without a 30-06 at this time.