Frustrated with new 28 Nosler

going to try ladder test this weakend hopefully. If work allows. I only have RL33, US869, N217, or ramshot magnum to choose from. No retumbo or H1000 within a 100 miles.

Your story is almost exactly mine also with my Fierce 28 Nosler Edge (but not carbonfiber barrel) For over a year I tried everything, including having "expert" long distance shooters try it. Different bullets, different seating depths, different powders, torguing action and scope screws, sent my Kahles scope back to the factory, finally sent it back to Fierce. They said they deep cleaned it (less than a hundred rounds through it) and shot a .5 MOA group. They said they only guarantee that group with the load (bullet , powder and OAL) that they shot it at the factory with. For my rifle it is a 168 Berger VLD-H 78.5 gr H1000 OAL 3.500" To be honest I haven't even tried these loads yet because I am disgusted with it. Needless to say, this will be my first and last Fierce rifle.
Well, since you have nothing to lose, you might just try that load:)! Seems like a rockin' hunting load.

I have had two 28 noslers and neither one would shoot factory ammo sub moa. But with handloads with proper seating depth on the bullets both rifles shoot 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards. You probably have a long throat in the fierce chamber, so it will be great when you load your own bullets. I don't know many people who own a 28 nosler and don't Reload for it. I am sure your rifle will be a shooter when you find the right load. Just clean the carbon out every 20-30 rounds.
What you using for powder
Bullets
Primer

I have shot a lot of 28 nosler and I agree with others. First check scope and rail, Then clean the **** out of your gun. Try your Ramshot Mag.. It won't give you R33 speed but it will have better Es and Sd.. It is a great powder.
I have moved over to using N-570 in my 28 because it is strictly my hunting rifle and not something I use for plinking. N-570 gives the velocity, temp stability , and accuracy that I was looking for.. You could bed your recoil lug area and then try again.. You could try a primer change also..
Don't give up on it.. 28 can be a real hammer..

Yup that's my go to as well especially with it stringing check the action screws. It's your link to the action if it's not right you can spend a ton of time and money trying to work up a load to no avail. I have a 195 eol load in 28 nosler that is showing great promise at 3050 fps , there is always a load that starts coming together eventually.
May i ask whats your data for the 28 nosler in 195 eol.
I must check my action screws as well.. thanks for that info

Sure.
28 Nos
ADG Brass
82 grains N 570
3.789 coal with 195 EOL
CCI 250
NOT! A sammi chamber it has some freebore..
Work up to powder load as always!
My gun likes it .015 off lands.
You have to chase the lands every 80 rounds or so in the 28 or it will open up.

Just my opinion and experience..

If a guy can't get N-570 my second would be Retumbo.

You can always call the manufacturer and see if they have some loads for their rifle.. They are good to work with.

Sure.
28 Nos
ADG Brass
82 grains N 570
3.789 coal with 195 EOL
CCI 250

You can always call the manufacturer and see if they have some loads for their rifle.. They are good to work with.
Thank you.. i got lots of N570 just need to get better brass.
You have and experience with ELD-X

Some thoughts. I have a Win EW 264 mag with a very light Bbl. Using Rel 33 it shoots sub 1/2" groups with Rel 33. I clean very seldom. It's not the powder. Also have two Savage rifles that will shoot just about any bullet I use into tiny clusters. Maybe you may find a combo that works for you. I sincerely hope so. Also another thought , VV24N41 powder is virtually the same burning rate as N570 & is usually always in stock at Powder Valley & for less money. This is another powder that can achieve high velocity in large smaller bore cartridges & is very temp stable.

Sure.
28 Nos
ADG Brass
82 grains N 570
3.789 coal with 195 EOL
CCI 250

This was my exact load. Coal was a bit different.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.