From the Northern California foothills hey there.

Will never really give it up, present from my wife. Trying out a 6.5prc, also have a 270 but guess I just wanted something new. 300 isn't threaded and not sure about a clamp on brake, any thoughts?
Get it threaded do not use a clamp on break! I have read different threads about them coming off or squeezing the bore. one such thread started a pin gauge in the muzzle and once in half an inch it would not go proving the clamp was restricting the bore.

You in the valley springs aera? My dad lives in that aera. Coalinga has hogs mostly on private land. Hunter valley north of mariposa east of hornitos is some blm ground that is closer to you. It borders lake McClure south shore.
I am in Valley Springs and hunted the Chalame area. Where are you located, my friend goes to McClure couple times a year never been. Fair hog hunting?

They are still south of me, but we definitely see pythons not super common but more common than what anyone wants to see. But I have thought about buying an airgun to go shoot lizards 😃
Definitely NOT a snake guy. One son in law got into air rifles, hasn't killed any big game yet, went for hogs a couple weeks ago but to long of shots, he has a 50 and a 72cal.

Get it threaded do not use a clamp on break! I have read different threads about them coming off or squeezing the bore. one such thread started a pin gauge in the muzzle and once in half an inch it would not go proving the clamp was restricting the bore.
Thanks, kinda what I thought, it certainly would be much easier on the shoulder.

Thanks, Was out south of Coalinga weekend before last looking for hogs, not quite ready for that 1000yd shot.
Greetings from El Dorado county, hope your stay in California is not permanent, while you're here this state does have much to offer the outdoorsman, years ago I had access to just over 2000 acres or land a little south west of town and the reservoir accessed from the river crossing below the dam, I lost access when it was parceled out and sold in 2007, deer hunting was a little above average, quail hunting was well above average, and thurkey huntibg was exception, despite the fact bobcat population may have been was as healthy as anywhere I've seen, as they were spotted and or harvested every trip I made, I had access the river so fishing was always on the menu even when hunting season was over, in 07 the last trip I made I knew it was my last, so spent most the day there kinda looking for deer but shooting quail and a little fishing, however the thing that really got my attention was it appeared that several groups of hogs were now calling that place home, Prior to 07 I had had places to hunt hogs in Paso Robles, coalinga, San jose/mount hamiton, and Williams ca, but the last hog I harvested was that ranch in 07 about 250 pounder, I always wondered if those hogs took a permanent hold down there, might be worth a look see, sure miss that place, and again welcome