From Central PA

roklock

Hello,

Been in the shooting sports for most of my adult life and have hunted since I was legal. Mostly USPSA and flintlocks but have tried 2gun (love it) as well. Have hunted pheasants, rabbits, most PA birds, and of course the whitetail.

Planning on doing some elk and mule deer hunting over the next few years so have bought a 300wsm (coyote lite) and plan to work up loads and practice/play with it. We have a local 1000 club that has a 1000 yard range that shoots "ground hog" matches (max 500 yards) and Blackhat precision matches out to 1000 yards.

Looking forward to load development this winter and have already been using the search function quite heavily.

Regards,

Steve

hello steve,
Where are you in central pa? Im also from pa, blair county area, do you do any long range hunting around here?
Dave

hello steve,
Where are you in central pa? Im also from pa, blair county area, do you do any long range hunting around here?
Dave

Union County...right now just ground hogs but only have areas that offer 600 yards max. Deer hunting for me is still shots from 20 yards to 150 yards on a great day. If I can find an area for long range huting deer I might give it a go next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts