Found a Great Extreme Long Range Shooting Spot

Leica 1200, the one that you hold upright, not sure which model it is. We used it from 1095 yards and in.

Leica 1200, the one that you hold upright, not sure which model it is. We used it from 1095 yards and in.

Don't get too shook then. Take a look at the difference a 10 yard mis-range will make at 1840 yards. I would say this could easily explain your being off at 1840. To do spot on drops I suggest using a vertical target and something you can walk up to and measure misses with a tape. That eliminates the angle of the bullet and the ground showing what may look like 1 or 2 moa through a scope. And only after you have a spot on distance to work with.

Jeff

Don't get too shook then. Take a look at the difference a 10 yard mis-range will make at 1840 yards. I would say this could easily explain your being off at 1840. To do spot on drops I suggest using a vertical target and something you can walk up to and measure misses with a tape. That eliminates the angle of the bullet and the ground showing what may look like 1 or 2 moa through a scope. And only after you have a spot on distance to work with.

Jeff
shooter says 1 MOA difference for every 10 yards from 1810-1840. Thats probably my problem, alwell, guess i need a vectronix for christmas :D.

i will be checking the upper end of my scopes tracking also.

Well after getting onto google earth i realized that i was shooting at a different rock than i had thought i was, turns out the range was very close to 1820 yards so i am actually only about 1/2 minute high from my predictid drops! That makes me feel alot better. For my late season cow elk tag, in good conditions (<10 mph full value wind) i feel confident out to about 750 yards and about 500-600 in ok conditions (10-15 mph wind), in bad (>15 mph full value wind) conditions i think around 400 yards is a good limit. gun)

Riley

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.