Best scope for extreme long range.

snox801

Ok so I've searched and search the forums and found lots of results but as with anything they are older posts and as I've learned a lot can change in a year. I also thought this is a good area for it to maybe piggy back off the 2 mile plus thread.
So here goes. I'm next on the build sheet for Kirby with a .375 AM and am having it built just for 1000 plus shots. This will be a turn key unit ready to rock. I was set on the ATACR for a scope but feel I am missing something. As I told Kirby this is my dream rifle and am planning into the future with it. So I don't want to sell myself short on optics. I've in Estes so much at this point I don't want to be thinking of hat if I just spent another $$$$ I would like have been happier.
So what do you consider the best scope out for long range huntin and why? Real world experience is best as they all look amazing in a store looking a few hundred yards at most. Any help is appreciated thanks again guys.

Last edited:
You will be darn hard pressed to beat the NightForce ATACR Enhanced with a MOAR T reticle for long range hunting and ELR shooting. Get a 60 moa rail under it and you will be able to dial close to 3K yards for a dead center hold from a 100 yard zero. I have tested many, we take scads of elk from long range. I still have two ATACR enhanced.

Jeff

Thanks that's what I was looking for. That was my number one choice but wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything to be desired with scopes such as SB and swaro.

You will be darn hard pressed to beat the NightForce ATACR Enhanced with a MOAR T reticle for long range hunting and ELR shooting. Get a 60 moa rail under it and you will be able to dial close to 3K yards for a dead center hold from a 100 yard zero. I have tested many, we take scads of elk from long range. I still have two ATACR enhanced.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff have several atacr scopes and with 20 moa base can get to 2000 yards be sure to get bubble level on rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.