found a good deal on a 7.82 warbird thinking about it any experience?

I owned the 30-378 with a 28 inch barrel at first. It seems I recall that the Lazzeroni rifles had slow twist barrels so it may not stabilize above 210 gr bullets.
Quickload lists the 7.82 Warbird as having about 10% less case capacity than the 30-378 Wby. I used US 869 powder

It's beltless, but cases are now 4-5 bucks each now. The barrels are gone in 800 - 1000 rounds. I had a friend who used it for long range hogs on feeders

I owned the 30-378 with a 28 inch barrel at first. It seems I recall that the Lazzeroni rifles had slow twist barrels so it may not stabilize above 210 gr bullets.
Quickload lists the 7.82 Warbird as having about 10% less case capacity than the 30-378 Wby. I used US 869 powder

It's beltless, but cases are now 4-5 bucks each now. The barrels are gone in 800 - 1000 rounds. I had a friend who used it for long range hogs on feeders
yeah I remember em, they were no joke, used to have spiral cut bolts as I recall before that became a thing didn't they?? I love my big 30!!!

I assume the Lap imp would have less taper and sharper shoulder.
My friends has a buddy that has a 30 Wolf which is basically a Lap Imp but I think it's slightly different dimensions.

Care to elaborate on what commercial .30 cal has been released that is better? Powder and bullets are a moot point since they can also be used in the Warbird.

You're trying to be clever by using the term 'commercial' to discriminate. So that ought to be obvious. The .30-378 Weatherby which closes the door on the Warbird. The brass, while getting more expensive, was prior to this current mess, less expensive and got at least comparable life.

John's whole concept was based on his ego and the claim for being the fastest cartridge available. The difference was that his twist rate was slower and bullets lighter in order to facilitate that claim. When some of those velocity claims were questioned, he had bullets (Barnes X) manufactured with smaller diameters so they could be coated up to size:

"The NP3 lubricant is electroplated onto each bullet to further improve accuracy and provide a longer barrel life, without flaking, rubbing off or causing excessive lubricant build-up in the barrel."

This was his last change in the attempt to substantiate the claim of fastest rifle cartridge.

I guess it would depend on what is meant by better. But proprietary brass would be a big turn off in and of itself.

Yes, better is one of those words with a broad definition which can accommodate many flaws.

John's decision to remain proprietary really bit him in the posterior. The demand fell of precipitously based on the cost of brass and loaded ammunition. Obviously though, there is still enough demand for it to have a place on the market.

Large capacity .30 caliber cartridge brass might be less developed than the .338 but can be accomplished with a simple neck down and neck turning if necessary from several sources.

Best.