Forester Sizing dies

I'll take the Forster over the RCBS and I've had both for many years. Redding is also very good.
Is that $50 for the set or just the sizer? Nothing wrong with their seating die either, although I'm mostly using Wilson hand dies and an arbor press for bullet seating.

Last edited:
I prefer Forster over RCBS. Ive had issues with Redding in the past and stopped using them. My only complaint with Forster is limited selection

I have only one Forester seater die it's for my PPC . I bought it of a friend when I first got into the short range game to get me started. I find the numbers far to hard to read . For me there are lots of better dies on the market than Forester, RCBS. I do like my Harrells, Redding and Widden with large numbers in bright white for this old guy to read

Lots of good sizing dies that one can purchase. Some like Redding, some like RCBS, some like Lee, some like Hornady, some like Forster. Of those I have listed, I like Forster the best. That is my opinion. Yours may be different. Choices are what makes the world go around.....

It is not well known that Standard Forster Neck sizers will bump shoulders, this cannot be done with RCBS or Redding neck sizers. I am speaking of the standard Forster Sizer, not the bushing sizer. I have owned Remington 243 Win and 25/06's that never had to have anything other than their shoulders bumped.

I have pistol die sets for five calibers: 9mm para, 38 special, 44 special, 45 ACP, and my wildcat 9-357 x .915 (kinda sorta like a 9x23 on 357 Magnum case, shortened, which I shoot in my modified Clark 38 Special M1911).
I hate to be the party pooper, but none of them are complete sets by the same maker.
I have 5 sizer dies for 38 Special, some carbide, some steel, all different. Some did not size enough to hold the bullet; one sizes to .371 full length. Maybe it's just me; I don't like hourglass cartridges.
For example, my dies for 45 ACP are:
Sizer Redding 2-step carbide
Neck expander C-H
Seater forJHP RCBS with modified seater plug
Seater for SWC Redding micro seater
Seater for RN Bonanza BR seater modified for 45 ACP
Taper crimp Lyman
Combining dies from different sets, I make some decent handloads.
That's my experience.

Last edited:

Recent Posts