205 bergers
Winchester primers

I've got these powders
RL26
N565
N555
N568
N570

My plan was to load from Minimum to Maximum load in 1 grain increments. 10-12 bullets total per powders.

Shoot them into a single target. Look at POI.

Find 2-3 POI that are similar and load 20 at that powder drip for each powder and then see how they shoot.

Then take the better groups and try to seat depth them for better grouping. Looking for 3/4 MOA at 100 yards and 700 yards

Would you do different?

I would just start w/ N570. Save your powder and primers. PM JRaulsten. Avid shooter that's been down the 300PRC road. May have been 215s w/ him but he will fill you in.

It sounds like what your trying to do is more a less an OCW load development which is a great way to do it I'm just not sure I would shoot at the same spot with all charges because you might start mixing shots up.

I would take 5 shots per 1 grain increment and shoot each charge at a different spot in a round robin manner then use your same idea of similar points of impact around a 2-3 grain difference in charge weight.

I would say the 205 Berger is getting towards the lower end weight for 570, my load with 570 in 300 WM is compressed using the 215.
In my opinion I would start with a slightly faster powder like the 565 or 568 and see how it pans out.

You're going to burn a lot of $ without producing statistically valid group sizes and repeatable accuracy expectations. I recommend listening to this:

I got my plan from these these guys.

As I mentioned I would shoot 1 shot per grain over 7-12 grains. Look for similar POI between 2-4 grains. Then load 20-30 at that grain drop and shoot them. That's then my powder combo.

If that doesn't work then shoot the next powder.

Sorry I misread what you where saying, thought you meant 10-12 shots at each charge not for each powder.

I've listened to this podcast as well and agree with them but I don't think there idea was to load multiple charge weights of the same powder. If you want to go this rout I think you might be better off picking a charge a grain or two below max in each powder loading up 10 or so at the same charge for each respective powder and see which shoots the tightest group then verify that load with 20-30 shots.

However you go about it I'll be curious to hear what you saw and found

Sorry I misread what you where saying, thought you meant 10-12 shots at each charge not for each powder.

I've listened to this podcast as well and agree with them but I don't think there idea was to load multiple charge weights of the same powder. If you want to go this rout I think you might be better off picking a charge a grain or two below max in each powder loading up 10 or so at the same charge for each respective powder and see which shoots the tightest group then verify that load with 20-30 shots.

However you go about it I'll be curious to hear what you saw and found
No sweat. I agree with the Hornady podcast. Only thing I can't wrap mind around is that basically there are no nodes in powder ranges because it's such a small amount.

.3 of 80 grains is less the a 1% change

7-12 grains is way too much variation.
Agree. I take max charge weight times 90-93% for a starting point, and move up in 1gn increments for a case that size. I think I shot 6 loads to max book, then two more for pressure in my first ladder last time I did it. 12 grain under book max would be on the very low side.

I think N570 and N568 would be too slow for your bullet and won't give you the performance that you want. N565 or R26 would probably be the best powders. Maybe N555 if you have the 22" barrel.

I would suggest using the Satterlee (1st gen) method. Seat bullets to 0.010-0.015 off the lands or max mag length. Starting charge weight should be 2-3 grains below max and work your way up until you find max pressure in .3-.5 grain increments. I have several rifles that are shooting 3-4 grains over posted max without any issues. Just do it carefully. Find a potential node, tweak charge weight, tweak seating depth, tweak neck tension, all while recording data from your target and chronograph. You can find a good load in 100 rounds or less. If you can buy or use a Labradar, do it. It will not affect your POI. I am constantly recording data from my targets and the chronograph when developing a load and also practicing.

I've watched that Hornady podcast before and the biggest negative is at the 12 minute mark. Ammo and components cost a fortune today and this method would cost hundreds of dollars to complete. Not to mention if you have something like a 28 Nosler with limited barrel life, you are burning through half of the barrel to find a load. I don't know how many rounds a 300 PRC should get but it's not going to be 4K+ like a 308 Win. If you have the time, can afford to do this method, AND not burn out the usable life of your barrel, then do it. IMHO, this video is analysis-paralysis. They suggest shooting hundreds of rounds to collect data to find a load when something like the Satterlee method will do it much quicker.

I totally disagree with their comments about seating depth and which primers you use having little to no effect on group size. I have watched 1MOA+ groups shrink to under 1/2MOA with seating depth changes and pressure/velocity vary wildly between brand and size of primers.

It would not cost hundreds of dollars to complete, because load development is like 30 rounds total. 10 to find pressure, 20 at a safe charge to establish group size and a reliable zero.

I have also observed small tweaks making a difference in 3 or 5 shot group sizes, but those groups and their differences are rarely repeatable.

I think N570 and N568 would be too slow for your bullet and won't give you the performance that you want. N565 or R26 would probably be the best powders. Maybe N555 if you have the 22" barrel.

I would suggest using the Satterlee (1st gen) method. Seat bullets to 0.010-0.015 off the lands or max mag length. Starting charge weight should be 2-3 grains below max and work your way up until you find max pressure in .3-.5 grain increments. I have several rifles that are shooting 3-4 grains over posted max without any issues. Just do it carefully. Find a potential node, tweak charge weight, tweak seating depth, tweak neck tension, all while recording data from your target and chronograph. You can find a good load in 100 rounds or less. If you can buy or use a Labradar, do it. It will not affect your POI. I am constantly recording data from my targets and the chronograph when developing a load and also practicing.

I've watched that Hornady podcast before and the biggest negative is at the 12 minute mark. Ammo and components cost a fortune today and this method would cost hundreds of dollars to complete. Not to mention if you have something like a 28 Nosler with limited barrel life, you are burning through half of the barrel to find a load. I don't know how many rounds a 300 PRC should get but it's not going to be 4K+ like a 308 Win. If you have the time, can afford to do this method, AND not burn out the usable life of your barrel, then do it. IMHO, this video is analysis-paralysis. They suggest shooting hundreds of rounds to collect data to find a load when something like the Satterlee method will do it much quicker.

I totally disagree with their comments about seating depth and which primers you use having little to no effect on group size. I have watched 1MOA+ groups shrink to under 1/2MOA with seating depth changes and pressure/velocity vary wildly between brand and size of primers.
What's the difference in powder burn rates and how does that affect your bullet? Slow vs fats powders and why use one vs another

I have watched the pod cast and understand the power of sample size, but there is point where confidence level becomes overkill. If I had a range in my back yard and unlimited components, I may go through the extensive testing. I agree with BFD. First find out if your rifle shows promise with a particular bullet and powder combo. If it does, find pressure and back off to a stable node. Work on seating depth and primer selection (depending on availability). You should be able to get a solid 1/2" load in under 100 rounds down the barrel. This is for a hunting rifle. Bench rest long range is a completely different story.