first time glass bedding, HELP!!!!

DanielLudwig

ok gang, i have a 700 BDL 7MM Rem. Mag. that i started having real trouble with the last few years, blamed it on myself first, then the scope...then the problem seemed to show itself to me this evening, i pulled it apart and found a large spot on the bottom of the barrel where the stock bad been contacting the barrel. i wasnt sure if this was really what i was looking at, so i re-assembled the rifle and picked it up and handled it as i would in a hunting situation, and sure enough i could hear the barrel and stock making contact depending on how i held the rifle...so i decided i need to fire up the dremel and clearance some things in there, and since dad is working out of town im stuck doin this one myself, so if someone could give me just a basic rundown on how to glass bed a 700 BDL using the brownells acru-glass gel, i would really appreciate it!
thanks in advance
later
Dan

FURTHER ISSUES DISCOVERED!!!!!!!!!

upon further examination, i found that if i tightened the front action screw to what i would deem as "tight" the bolt would open, but would not close again! i pulled the bolt and noticed a shiny, flat spot on the bottom of the bolt right at the head...and then i remembered...Dad lost one of the shims that goes between the wood and bottom metal awhile back! jeebus! the front action screw was actually contacting the bolt while it was locked closed! im really not sure what to do now...HELP!?
later
Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.