First Range Report with the new XOTIC scope

Jeff In TX

Spent a couple hours at the range this afternoon re-sighting in the AR-15 with my new XOTIC scope.

Overall I was very impressed with the scope, it's optical clarity, operation and function.

My first shot landed exactly 6 1/4 inches right and 6 inches low. My second shot was almost touching the first shot, but was 6 3/8 inches right and 6 inches low. I moved the elevation knob 24 clicks high and 25 clicks to the left. My third shot was dead on in the X. Excellent tracking and was dead nuts on.

I then shot for group which was 5 shots in .7 inch @ 100 which is pretty standard for my rifle. At 14 power, the cross hairs were a bit thick for my liking, at 10X they were perfect for me.

I then shot 5, 5-shot groups. The first group was dead on center of the target, then moving the turrets 6 moa right, then 6 up, then 6 left, then 6 down. Each group moved 6 inches in the direction I moved it and tracked perfectly. All groups were under an inch.

Not a bad day at the range and I really liked the scope for the first day at the range with many more to come.

Interested in hearing from some of the other new XOTIC users.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.