First range report, need advice

My opinion get a trigger, get rid of the lead sled,( unless u plan on using it while hunting) get some h 1000 or rl25, or 7828, and shorten ur distance to the lands, try .010 or .020 off and lets us know how it works!

Lead sled is definitely NOT for everybody but when used accordingly it can augment the shooting experience and load development process. I have very good success using lead sled during barrel break in and load development.

Once I'm satisfied with my load, I shoot prone (hunt ready configuration); most often than not, I shoot better because I have a better cheek weld and cradle. Make necessary adjustments as required.

Last edited:
Iwill definitely seat deeper into the lands next time. I'll probably start at .010 or .020 off the lands. I can hunt here locally in 80 to 90 degree weather and then go to Idaho in Colorado in October or November when it's cold.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.