First muzzle brake install

mountainman56

Well after much practicing, reading and armed with what little knowledge I already had, I have managed to install my very first muzzle brake. Everything went smooth (2 hrs plus but I'm old and slow) although timing it gave me some trouble. Hopefully it's still in place after I fire the first round. :)

Attachments

• Muzzle brake1.jpg
    Muzzle brake1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for your comments guys! It's getting painted this weekend then it will get bedded into a new brown/black bell and carlson stock

I have a few muzzle brakes that i have placed on assorted hard hitting rifles.They work very well and look good. With the one you have,which appears to be like one i use, there is a domain of pain.Due to the area that the gasses are pushed you must move people more behind you.You will not make any friends at a range.It takes care of the recoil but it can loosen some fillings if your in the wrong spot. Keep shooting.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.