First Mule Deer Hunt - Region G

I have never read a story told so well. You should take up writing hunting stories. The neat thing here is i would like to tell everyone i actually know Adam. He is my cousins nephew and lives around 10 miles from me. How i met him was a few weeks ago i was coming home from my camp in Pa. and close to adams house in Md. i hit a doe with my truck. Adam pulled up in his dodge and helped me load the road kill.
Mike

Man that was awesome!!! Every thing you wrote and everything that happened just awesome. My brother read your story today. We are real tight and talk every day and while we discussed our own western tag/points and hunt stratagies he brought it up and reminded me twice to read it. Good call bro!!

Thanks for writing and sharing your adventure. Good stuff!! oh yeah and congrates to both of you on those beasts. I hope my first muley hunt goes near as smooth.

I'm 64. have been hunting since I was 6, and reading hunting stories for almost that long too. Yours was as good as it gets and was backed up with some awesome photos and two great bucks. Congratulations for the superb job and taking us along on that adventure!!!

I agree with what you guys said, heck this guy missed his calling of being a writer. The little things such as going cross country he had you excited for him pulling in camp. It was one of the best i have ever read. Especially since i met his buddy adam lives 10 miles from me but didnt know the connection at first.

Thanks for the appreciation of the story.

Guys like you (and myself) are the reason I wrote the story. I know how much I enjoy reading about other's hunting experiences and was hoping I could share some of that in this story. I also didn't want to understate how much this hunt meant to me. I look through the photos for a least a minute or two every single day at home or work and every time Adam and I talk we somehow manage to bring up the hunt. I'm sure its like beating a dead horse to everyone around...except us.

Glad so many got to experience and enjoy, at least a little bit, of what we were lucky enough to do.

Figured I'd go ahead and bump this one back up to the front page. Almost a year later and I still look through the pictures every day and wish I could go back.

Just whitetails back home in MD for this year. Hoping next year that we draw and elk tag in Wyoming. Hopefully I'll have another great trip to write about then.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Yes, great writing. I hope some of you guys will FIRST submit 2012 stories directly to me for publication as a Feature Article. You still get a forum thread set up for discussion.

Yes, great writing. I hope some of you guys will FIRST submit 2012 stories directly to me for publication as a Feature Article. You still get a forum thread set up for discussion.

Never knew that was an option. I will keep that in mind if I decide to write another one.

Lets see. long trip to get there getting up early on cool crisp morning, riding horses and hunting in gorgeous country, great camp food good time with good friends and company, dropping 2 great deer, aches and pains of the hunt and loving every minute of it. Hmm, Yep perfectly normal. Great story congrats to both of you. great story!!!

bumping it back up again...2 years later. I do have some light at the end of the tunnel though. A group of 4 of us, including the guy pictured in this article, are going back next year. Going to try Region H with Trophy Mountain Outfitters.

Can't wait...wish I could go every year!

Good luck to everyone this season.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.