First Antelope hunt in area 42

Rhino55

Got my first buck and doe in Area 42. 6.5X284 does a number when loaded with 140 Berger VLDs, 49 grs of 4831SC, Lapua brass and Federal 210 GM primers.
20121005_125307.jpg

Rhino55 gun)

I shot one on my last antelope trip with my 6.5x.284 basically the same load. 365 yards and the Berger 140 did a great job. Didn't even destroy much but I always shoot for the spot right behind the shoulder. Blew out two ribs entry and one rib exit.
I have shot a few things with Bergers and have been very pleased with the performance. Shot a big hog with my 7wsm and the 168 Berger and it did an awesome job. Picked him right off his feet and body slammed him. DRT.

Would like to know the distance to as I was wanting to shoot 140 Bergers in a 260. Thanks.

Just wanted to let you know that I could not get the Bergers to shoot in my .260. I tried 4 different powders and 5 different seating depths. I tried both the 140 and the 130 grainers. I end up giving them to a friend who shoots a 6.5-284. I shoot the recommended twist rate, however I think it just does not push them fast enough out of the .260. My groups were all about 2-3 inches at 100 yards, so I did not even attempt any additional distances. I settled on a Nosler bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts