Finding a place to shoot in Fort Worth area.

Carlos88

Anyone have a decent place to shoot centerline rifles from 100-300yds that doesn't cost an arm and leg to sight in a rifle?

I live in the Fort Worth area and am willing to travel a bit, say 50-60 miles. I've been shooting at Alpine but they now charge $20 and have range officers that think they are Rambo, and no one dare say something they don't agree with, or they'll throw you out of their measly 100yd range. Rant off.

You can join Arlington Sportsmans Club, it's rarely crowded but the longest range is 200yds. Plus, all the shotgun disciplines, pistol and rimfire and they have monthly matches for just about everything. Depending on how often you want to go, it becomes a bargain.

Anyone have a decent place to shoot centerline rifles from 100-300yds that doesn't cost an arm and leg to sight in a rifle?

I live in the Fort Worth area and am willing to travel a bit, say 50-60 miles. I've been shooting at Alpine but they now charge $20 and have range officers that think they are Rambo, and no one dare say something they don't agree with, or they'll throw you out of their measly 100yd range. Rant off.
Carlos wished you lived close to us. We have 100 in our back yard and then several PRS Lanes that range out to about 1K.
Hope that you, your family and the animals are doing fine!!
Len & Jill

That sounds like an awesome place!
It is. I am wanting to take the course again. Dont want to hijack this thread, so here is the link to my experience there.

It is. I am wanting to take the course again. Dont want to hijack this thread, so here is the link to my experience there.
Hijack away! One mile club! Excellent. I wouldn't be doing anything like that because 99% of my rifles lightweight hunting rigs with 3x9s, 1 4x12, etc.

That reminds me that I need to pull out my 7mm SAUM (Remington 22" barrel) and give it a whirl. Karl Feldcamp fluted the barrel, recut the chamber, vapor blasted the metal. I added a Brown Precision Pounder stock and bedded like I do on all my rigs. It's basically a M7 280AI that weighs about 6.5lbs. It's a favorite.