anyone know of any good places to shoot in Tx?

Chris_in_Tx

Hey you all,
Just moved to Tx and am looking for a place to shoot longrange. I live just north of Dallas (hickory creek) and am not familiar with the area. Dont know anybody here, thoughtthat if any of you know of a place close by maybe you could passit along. I've heard of Mineral Wells but I dont know what yardage they have. Have been into LR shooting for a few years but havent done much hunting. must of my shooting has been limited to 700 yds because that was the farthest range southern Fl had to offer.
I shoot a custom 24 lb. 7mm RUM with 180 Bergers out of a 30 in. tube (3060fps), and man does it hold together out there. Got about 400 rnds. through it, dont know what the barel life will be but It sure shoots good now. would love to hear from someone in the area. The one thing that I've noticed here that is REALLY different from Fl. is the amount of wind (dont know if that is normal)which iam not acustomed to.
Thanks, love the site,
Chris_IN_Tx

• [ 03-29-2004: Message edited by: Chris_In_ Tx ]

There is a range south of you near Waco. I hear it goes to 1000 yards. Do a search for ranges in Texas and you should find more info. Welcome to TX.

Tac Pro Center has a long range just Southwest of Fort Worth. Have to qualify to shoot 1000 yards. They do have a 200 yard range and a 500 yard firing point. Give them a call to check for availabiltity and restriction on the longer ranges.
http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/

Houston has a 600 yard range at American Shooting Center. It is more open to the public. Call for any events that might restrict access on a particular weekend.
http://pub48.ezboard.com/bshooterspagetxforums

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.