Finally!! The 260 Rem and the 140 SMK...

G

Finally found time to break in the 260 Rem from Chris at LSR.
DSC00122.jpg

I tried a few different powders and what not.. but she seems to like this...

RL 15 ( 37.0 grs )
wlr primer
140 SMK seated .05 off...

5 shots 100 yards
260RemRL15140smk.jpg

here's where it gets good.... I usually load 11 rounds one fowler and then I have 10 for 2 - 5 shot groups...
well the fowler went in to the group above so I had 6 left....
6 shots 250 yards....
260RemRL15140smk2.jpg

Dang it Ric the least you could do is start using a half dollar in your pictures. Your giving me an inferiority complex. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very fine shooting.

Chris

ric,
do you have any guns that,you know, don't shoot worth a s---? i might be out there to visit my buddy next year.could i come by and maybe touch one of these guns?

Out of curiousity, why the 140smk and not 142smk? Secondly, what kind of velocity is your combination getting you? I am using more powder than your load in my 22-250. <-- just me talking out loud to myself.

Dave
If you comeout this way and stop in to say hi...you can shoot any one ya want...! Or all if ya like..

sewwhat,

I am getting 2720 fps with this combo.. I am not a fan of RL powders but hell, how can I not be with this rifle... if I had some more time I'd play a bit more to try to get a Hogdon to work.. maybe in 2 weeks after the hunts..

I used the 140 simply because it likes it.. it doesn't like the 142 as much...speed and high B.C's are nice but accuracy kills!

I was just curious for my own personal enjoyment. I don't have a 6.5 yet and most comments applaud the 142 and not the 140smk. I know a little of good thing can go a long way and a little too much the wrong way.

I'll go ahead and open a can of worms by saying I am playing with a ballistics calc, published bc (with a grain of salt), and different rounds folks on here and elsewhere are shooting to evaluate their results in comparison to my goals. I am looking to see what lies on my horizon as far the next caliber/cartridge I will dream about owning until I do.

You looking for a deer rifle??

I have somthing in mind but I can't exactly go public yet.. we havn't completed the testing...

LOL!! But if things progress like they are.. WOW!! Look out...!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.