Finally Got It!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tikkamike, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

After a week of waiting on roadyls to clear up I was finally able to get up and puck up the new ride. 2500HD SLT with the 6.0 vortex. Took it elk hunting today and it seems like it gets around really Well. I'm loving it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Dang mike looking good, now insert your wallet into the gas tank door:D lol.

3. Tikkamike

So far my average fuel mileage with 500 miles of highway and about 100 miles of town and off road driving my average is 15 mpg. So its a huge improvement from the 7.4 big block I have been driving around

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

You have the new transmission, I have the four speed it gets 11 in the summer, as soon as I get a new computer I am having the ecu tuned by black bear performance.

5. Tikkamike

how many MPG's does black bear claim they can add? the 6 speed is nice. I have never had one before.

6. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Sharp looking truck!

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

For my truck 1 to 3 is average with 35 horse increase and smoother shifting. They have quite a following on the gm forums.

8. Tikkamike

the increase in MPG would be sweet. the 35 HP wouldnt be bad either even though it already has a ton of get up and go. I dont see any room for improvement on shifting but I am going to look into black Bear. I wonder if itll void my warranty?

9. ICANHITHIMMAN

I don't know, I'm bought and paid for 2004 so that's not a big concern for me. I just need a new lab top first as I am going to do the scan cable tune.

10. ICANHITHIMMAN

I have also read that because of the size of our injectors we need to run premium for best mpg

11. elkoholic72

elkoholic72 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I'm looking at the same truck but in a diesel.

12. Tikkamike

Thanks I like it a lot. I wasnt sure about the 6.0 but it seems to have plenty of power. I havent pulled anything yet but I think itll work well so I am not to upset about not getting the Dmax

13. 300 ultra

300 ultra Well-Known Member

Average at best..

14. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

speaking of warranty! If your truck is still in the manufacturer's warranty, you can buy the extended warranty. My white truck had a seven year warranty package (bumper to bumper), but as I said was only used once for a speedometer issue. A had cover on the back or a shell will usually gain two to three mpg on the highway.
    gary