Finally got out for a plink today.....

Brown Dog

Finally managed to get out for a plink today after a 3 month gap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

...warming up for Scotland in Oct.

Rusty cogs showed, managed to dial my first windage on in the wrong direction....not to mention set the wrong elevation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway a couple of pics:

A few fine Wiltshire Views (target at 522yds)...(had no one to talk to, so took a few pics whilst drinking my tea!)
P1010396.jpg

P1010394.jpg

Wouldn't have won any prizes, but great to get outside, the NBTs are my pet load, the palma is a commercial load:
Grouping15Sep06478m522yd.jpg

Nice shooting¡¡ Looks like pretty small goups to me, especially shot from a bipod .. ( although there´s some advantage on the soft ground and the apparently spiked bipod feet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was in Wiltshire some many years ago, but dont recognize the place......

Looks like an SB scope, what ´s the rifle caliber/cartridge??

Both; thanks,

I was disappointed / surprised by the vertical in the Palma load (you can see the same vertical in the 'wrong windage' group on & off the right edge of the tgt).

...but very pleased by the lack of vertical in my own load!

..I found the wind very tricky today...it was wandering all over....just guessed when a gust was in to stay and cranked them off as fast as possible ...no finesse!

älg
It's a 4-16 PM2, and the rifle is standard 308.

[ QUOTE ]
..I found the wind very tricky today...it was wandering all over....just guessed when a gust was in to stay and cranked them off as fast as possible ...no finesse!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found it easier if the wind is blowing a constant (relative term of course) 10-15 mph out of one direction than it is w/a 2-3 mph varying wind. Those suttle changes make a huge difference @ extended ranges.

[ QUOTE ]

I've found it easier if the wind is blowing a constant (relative term of course) 10-15 mph out of one direction than it is w/a 2-3 mph varying wind. Those suttle changes make a huge difference @ extended ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill,

Totally agree!

Jeza,

The plasterboard was useful; made me realise how pokey my NBT load must be....with the palma load I recovered from recoil fast enough to see a puff of dust drift out from the board...with the NBTs I never got to see any powder!

Yes, the wind switching is quite frustrating.

BD,
Good shooting.
It is just good to get out and shoot period /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.