Finally, Andean Predator down!!!

HUAINAMACHERO

So, after a long time without hunting, I was able to go out this weekend and do some predator hunting. I have hunted coyotes and bobcats in Mexico before, but had to wait a long time do it back home. First call, 4 minutes after I started calling I saw this nice Pseudalopex culpaeus, pass by us like 15feet away and dissapear, to come out again at around 120 yards to check us out, and then I was able to close the deal with my 223.
Looks a lot like a coyote IMHO.
Hope you like the pics.
IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

Were you actually hunting in Mexico on this hunt? Where have you hunted down there? I saw an absolute MONSTER whitetail that a guy I met in Mazatlan had shot in 2008 (honestly its body was the size of a 2nd year elk). I met a couple of guys in Culiacan that were from some little ranchos out there in the mountains that had awesome stories of big cats and bears that they'd shoot at their cabins. I'd love to go down and hunt all that territory!! Nice pic of that dog by the way.

Last edited:
No, this hunt is not in Mexico. It is in the Andes Mountains in South America, in the highlands of Ecuador. In Mexico I hunted in the area of Zacatecas, near Fresnillo. The predator hunting there was awesome. Lots of Coyote, bobcats and tons of grey fox.
The animal in the picture is different though. It is called here Lobo de Páramo. But as predator the rabbit in distress call sure caught his attention.

Congrats! That looks a lot like the Jackals that Predator Pursuit filmed in Africa. They all gotta eat, I guess!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the hunt, it's a nice trophy you got there, specially being the first Andean predators hunted. Hope to go out on a hunt like that soon. Thank you for sharing with us. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.