Fierce Edge vs Seekins Precision Havak Pro hunter vs Gunwerks Magnus

NeedForSpeed

Looking for a 30 caliber rifle to be used on some moose and elk hunts. I have a Seekins Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor and I like it a lot. Id chamber this rifle in 300 Win Mag or possibly the new 300 PRC

Does anybody here have experience with these different rifles? Im interested in the differences that you find good or bad. Are the more expensive rifles worth the money and what exactly are you getting for the extra money? Im not planning on taking 1000 yd shots at animals but I would occasionally shoot at a 1000 yd range. Please share your experience, its much appreciated.

Only you can define what "worth it" means to you. For me, I've looked at Fierce & Gunwerks in the past, but I've always been able to source parts and build for cheaper. Seekins' price is appealing, but I do like picking a stock that fits me, barrel contour/length/twist/etc.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them. You should try and get your hands on each one and see what you like the feel of better. The Fierce and Seekins seem like incredible values at their price points. The Gunwerks is in another league on price though. If that is in your budget then why not look at other completely custom rifle builds?

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them. You should try and get your hands on each one and see what you like the feel of better. The Fierce and Seekins seem like incredible values at their price points. The Gunwerks is in another league on price though. If that is in your budget then why not look at other completely custom rifle builds?

The Gunwerks is at the edge of my budget, id probably try to find a used one if I went that route. Im in Florida and even the dealers that sell Seekins only carry the AR models. Not a lot of hunting here and no long range. Little chance of finding what I want and comparing them locally. Optimally it would best to shoot them side by side for comfort and differences in felt recoil but thats not remotely possible. Im trying to understand the value and differences in what you get when you spend 4 or 6 K for a rifle over 2 to 3 K so I can decide where to draw the line or how to justify the extra expense. I have a Seekins Pro hunter and like it a lot but Im leaning towards the Fierce for the .5 moa guarantee and the lighter weight unless I get some information directing me in another direction.

I have had the pleasure of handling these rifles, but I haven't shot them. I am extremely impressed with the fierce rifles, and I will probably own one in the near future. I love the look and function of their rifles. I have also heard great things about their customer service, but that's just what I have heard

I have had the pleasure of handling these rifles, but I haven't shot them. I am extremely impressed with the fierce rifles, and I will probably own one in the near future. I love the look and function of their rifles. I have also heard great things about their customer service, but that's just what I have heard

Ive heard their customer service isnt as good as their rifles but I called the other day and had a nice conversation with one of their reps. Im probably going to get a Fierce Fury Carbon barrel

A custom that I've had the best experience with is MOA Rifles in Oregon.
If interested in a 300 RUM from them shoot me a PM as I have one I would concider making a deal on! I don't need 3 in that caliber.

A custom that I've had the best experience with is MOA Rifles in Oregon.
If interested in a 300 RUM from them shoot me a PM as I have one I would concider making a deal on! I don't need 3 in that caliber.
Appreciate the referral and the offer. Im looking for 300 win or maybe wsm

Just purchased a Fierce Fury Carbon in 300 Win Mag Wont get it for a couple of weeks
Ill post on how it shoots after I get it dialed in a bit
My hunting partner has a Fury in 7mm rem mag. I've only put about a dozen rounds through it. My first time shooting it I put 3 shots into a 2 inch group at 300 yards. I shot a couple other groups at 200 yards just to confirm his zero while he was at work. Bot those groups were around half MOA. It's on par or better than my custom rifles. Last time we shot together I had a first round hit on a 12 inch plate at 990 with it. Hopefully yours shoots as good.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts