Fierce Carbon Fury 300WM Sticky Bolt

Perroe

I bought this rifle used from someone off of here and ever since I received it I noticed that the bolt is heavy or sticking whether dry firing or firing a round. I didn't think much of it but it has gotten worse. I was told rifle had approx 80 rounds down it. I have put about 100 more. I pulled the bolt apart, wiped it down, oiled it and it's still heavy/ sticking when dry firing. It will run smooth if the trigger is not pulled. I didn't see anything obvious upon teardown. There is a wear mark in the channel of wear the cam contacts. Firing pin is not bent. I put a dab of grease there but no difference. Any ideas?

1000004739.jpg
1000004740.jpg
1000004741.jpg
1000004742.jpg
1000004743.jpg
1000004744.jpg

The gun cocks on opening, that is why the bolt lift is heavier after being dry fired. A good smith can tune that up for you and reduce, but not eliminate that.

Ok so it's normal to have a heavy bolt after firing. Just wanted to make sure.

It's hard to tell from your pics, But it looks like the cocking cam on the rear of the bolt may be galled.
It is, that is why I suggested he take it to a good gunsmith. That is not a DIY project if you aren't well experienced at that kind of work.

Thanks guys I will take it to someone. Would that just require some polishing?

I'm sure their customer service is going to be great. I can never get a hold of them with other questions as well.

Agree with Perroe - I hope you have luck with Fierce. Seems like since they stopped using Antler Arms to make their rifles, they have a lot more quality issues. Their customer service has never been great and from what I can see on Forums, has not improved any, might actually be worse. It is why I suggested a good gunsmith. He can either replace the part with a properly made one, or properly heat treat and polish the one you have.

Let us know how you make out. Happy New Year to all.