FIELD TESTING SHERMAN SHORT ADG BRASS

I see the Origin action has Rem style feed lips. Will this cause problems with the 6.5 Sherman family??

It shouldn't. All remington style feed lips means is that it's patterned for AICS mags and not AW. The only difference between the TL3 and Origin is that the Origin is made of Chomoly and can't be configured as much as the TL3. So no left handed right eject, no AW mag cut, and obviously no integral recoil lug.

Thank you for the reply, I have seen some actions that are listed as WSM actions. I didn't know if that was a feed lip thing for short and fat. It seems like using a external mag this wouldn't matter, but a internal mag BDL the lips would matter. I have always been confused by this.
The reason I ask is, I am considering setting up a switch barrel. Say a 6mm creed in a 17" barrel and a Sherman in a 24"

No problem, you'll be fine either way. Dad's SR3 is 700 style feedlips running accurate and alpha WSM mags with his 6.5 SAUM. We could've gone BDL if he wanted but i went with mags just because of the capacity and i wanted to be able to ring steel at the range without reloading every three shots.

I'm actually doing the same with mine. It's currently setup as a 6.5x47 and i have a proof blank that i want to get chambered in 7 SS and swap it out.

Good info. I also want to do a switch barrel on a TL3. 6 Creed and maybe a 7 SS or 25 SS.

Christmas can't get here soon enough fellas..
IMG_0173.JPG

5Rwill what stock colour is that? I like the orange accents. Is that a Mcmillan?
It's a manners EH1 with CORE's custom Elite Highlander pattern. Sucks you can only get them from CORE though I wanted my PRS2 to match it and ordered through manners and couldn't get that color.

Even better. Wanting to do a CF EH1 on my next build. Not familiar with CORE. I'm in Canada so looking for a place to purchase all my parts. Easier to export/import that way.

Looked up CORE. Thanks. Got some nice colours. How's the mini chassis? Do the mags fit nice and tight with no rattling around? I hate that rattling tiny feel. Was thinking about going with a HS BM "clip". Hunting gun only so if I got 3 round capacity I'm good. Sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

****, that's a beauty!
Thank you sir.
Looked up CORE. Thanks. Got some nice colours. How's the mini chassis? Do the mags fit nice and tight with no rattling around? I hate that rattling tiny feel. Was thinking about going with a HS BM "clip". Hunting gun only so if I got 3 round capacity I'm good. Sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

I don't think it rattles much I mean there is some clearance but it isn't like noticeable when walking. Mini-chassis work well though depending sometimes there are capability issues. Both my Triggertechs rub on that rifle above and my Tempest wouldn't fit without relief cuts from Manners. Granted apparently now they have a tempest inlet so we shall see. But they get the job done if you're looking to avoid bedding at the cost of a half pound or so.

My ATRS bottom metal with an accurate mag is super tight, absolutely no rattling.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.