Field results: Berger 230gr match hybrid target

gznokes

This past season I decided to change the bullet I was firing from my .300 Win Mag (Remington 700 action) during hunting season. Even though it is not advertised as a hunting round, after reading some of the posts on this site and consulting with some people I know who use them, I decided to go with the Berger .230 Gr match target hybrid, Remington Brass, 74.3 gr Retumbo, Federal Match 215 primers. Measurement at the lands w Hornady comparator guage is 3.885. Chronographed speed was 2830 FPS. I was able to get 1/2" MOA off a bench to 800 yds.

The set up produced one shot kills on a bull bison at 200 yds, a small black bear at 175 yds, and an antelope at 500 yards.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this on here because I remember searching through the forums and I thought it might be helpful information for others in search of field results with the bullet.

Good info! I haven't heard anything but good stuff from this bullet. Sounds like it's very capable at all ranges.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.