Federal Terminal Accent

Exactly and that's why the shelves are empty.
Nah, I left plenty of 300 Win Mag ammo on the shelf in Sportsmans Warehouse on Tuesday of this week, now it's all gone and I didn't do it... lol !

BE218CCD-B1DA-4EFF-A05D-007B6662320C.jpeg
7E1D1DFE-F8CE-4FD7-82E5-F7337A783D60.jpeg
F9EF49F7-161C-4E82-8296-60CC2B9F7FDE.jpeg

one of the most accurate bullets In factory ammo in both of my 300 Win Mag rifles, an early 80's Remington 700 BDL & a late 90's Classic M70 Winchester, two completely different rifles but with the 200 gr Ascent factory ammo they both shoot as well as my best handloads so I picked up 5 boxes for each rifle recently and will get more when I see them in stock

same deal with both of my Rem700 7mm Rem Mags

when I set up ammo on the kitchen counter to take the pics, the wifey asked me how much the ammo cost me ......

Deer in headlights moment ..... so I compensated with a grandiose embellishment of a fantastic deal

I lied, lol !

View attachment 427769

:)))) That is well over a grand over there! Congrats on the purchase!

one of the most accurate bullets In factory ammo in both of my 300 Win Mag rifles, an early 80's Remington 700 BDL & a late 90's Classic M70 Winchester, two completely different rifles but with the 200 gr Ascent factory ammo they both shoot as well as my best handloads so I picked up 5 boxes for each rifle recently and will get more when I see them in stock

same deal with both of my Rem700 7mm Rem Mags

when I set up ammo on the kitchen counter to take the pics, the wifey asked me how much the ammo cost me ......

Deer in headlights moment ..... so I compensated with a grandiose embellishment of a fantastic deal

I lied, lol !

View attachment 427769

These are terrible bullets. Awful, awful, awful. They should be banned.

F3DTRyY.jpg

Last edited:
I found them to shoot well, with excelent terminal performance. I then found them unavailable as components, and that was the end of that...
This is a problem with lots of hunting bullets! Around here about all you can consistently get are Hornady. I e-mailed Nosler and asked why they can put out match bullets but no Accubonds? They replied because match bullets are easier to make because there are less steps to make them! So what? Get to making Accubonds Nosler!

This is a problem with lots of hunting bullets! Around here about all you can consistently get are Hornady. I e-mailed Nosler and asked why they can put out match bullets but no Accubonds? They replied because match bullets are easier to make because there are less steps to make them! So what? Get to making Accubonds Nosler!
I too now shoot mostly Hornady. I can't shoot what I can't get.

Why does Hornady have availability when others do not (Nosler and federal to name a couple)….. my 308 loves the 150 and 165 SST but my 300wm hates anything Hornady I have put through it.

Interested in opinions on these rounds in a 300 Winny. Specifically wether the nickel coated bullet will leave nickel on the lands and grooves and if so, how does one remove it. Thanks in advance.
I use Bore Tech Cop2 . Strip your barrel totally before shooting them. I takes around 9 rounds through my Barrel to become seasoned and settle in. You can see the group shrink if your barrel likes them. My 30-06 shoots the 175's sub1/4MOA after 9 rounds . If i knew how to post a picture of my target I would post it . goes from erratic to a hole.

Totally different bullet.
I read they are pretty similar but the trophy bonded have an extra groove vs the terminal ascent. The trophy bonded have 3 vs the terminal ascent have 2 groove pattern. Maybe I am totally wrong but the federal website says the terminal ascent is the "updated" (for lack of better words) TB. It seems the terminal ascent might have softer lead too because they claim they open up better at lower velocity for long range but who knows these days….marketing is lying 99% of the time

I read they are pretty similar but the trophy bonded have an extra groove vs the terminal ascent. The trophy bonded have 3 vs the terminal ascent have 2 groove pattern. Maybe I am totally wrong but the federal website says the terminal ascent is the "updated" (for lack of better words) TB. It seems the terminal ascent might have softer lead too because they claim they open up better at lower velocity for long range but who knows these days….marketing is lying 99% of the time
He said they are the same as the old Trophy Bonded Bear Claw. They are same design as the Trophy Bonded Tip . The TBT has an amber colored tip, groove number and size might be deferent from the Accent. My rifle loves both of them 165TBT and the 175 Accent. I think my longest kill was 550 and change out in Taloga , Oklahoma 4 years ago. The Accent is the updated TLR which my rifle also loved and had no pressure problems, the added an extra relief groove to the TLR and call it the Accent. They and the trophy bonded Tip are one of if not the best bullet design I have ever or do know about. I am loading and shooting the new Hammer bullets and just came back from Texas where I killed 2 deer. The Hammers are very accurate, fast and are also very deadly. I run the 124 grain Hammer Hunter at 3400 FPS from a Krieger 22" in the 30-06. Only limitation is case capacity. I have 1 more load test and my load will be sent to Mr. George Taylor to add to the Hammer Hunter site. But I would shoot anything on the North American Continent with the right Accent (weight) and caliber to push it to an acceptable speed, I love them.

Last edited:
I might be interested in the .270 ammo and bullets. Once you know what you have and what you want, message me.

-Craig
Looks like I have 100 bullets just counted them
5 of those 100 I pulled from what I loaded when I decided to go in a different direction.

And I have one full box of ammunition.

Attachments

• 893ADD0C-CCA0-44F7-B680-D78BF3B34283.jpeg
    893ADD0C-CCA0-44F7-B680-D78BF3B34283.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 43C745C1-69B9-4EE3-B087-CA91CE473C5D.jpeg
    43C745C1-69B9-4EE3-B087-CA91CE473C5D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • F43B1DC5-F4D3-4F70-92E4-6DB8520EB0A0.jpeg
    F43B1DC5-F4D3-4F70-92E4-6DB8520EB0A0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • 2AEDE6B8-BC92-4D07-B94A-E94FC0CAE6E2.jpeg