Federal Terminal ascent required twist rates

***PSA***

I ordered these and when they showed up they were not the Terminal Ascents, they were the short lived Edge TLRs. I went on Midway and other folks that received their order also noted they were the Edge TLRs. It appears Midway used the Terminal Ascent stock pic and specifications for this item but is shipping out the Edge TLR. I'm returning my order.

You are 100% correct ... we got tricked with a glossy pic of the Terminal Ascent on Midways ad, I got my order last night and was absolutely pizzed...... Sending it all back, It's not what I ordered

You are 100% correct ... we got tricked with a glossy pic of the Terminal Ascent on Midways ad, I got my order last night and was absolutely pizzed...... Sending it all back, It's not what I ordered

I got to reading about the Edge TLR last night and decided to keep them. They may work in my gun and if they don't I can sell them. They do have an impressive BC and some folks have had great success with them.

I already have 500 pcs each of the 175 gr and 200 gr TLR in original boxes ( minus a box or two I shot out) good bullets but I wanted more of the Ascent, guess I should have read the "disclaimer"

somebody complained and Midway switched the pic to the TLR bullet on their website, %#@$&"*

I already have 500 pcs each of the 175 gr and 200 gr TLR in original boxes ( minus a box or two I shot out) good bullets but I wanted more of the Ascent, guess I should have read the "disclaimer"

somebody complained and Midway switched the pic to the TLR bullet on their website, %#@$&"*

Were you able to get a good load with the TLR?

I had a box of these show up Friday. Went out and shot them out of a 300 Wby and 30-06 AI today. Wind and mirage was pretty bad but they shot well out of both rifles. The 06 AI load was pretty mild and it is 12 twist barrel, shot a one inch horizontal group with all three bullets touching the same grid line. Should only get better when I push them harder. For the price I'm keeping them, AI load was .065 off the lands.

I found the G1 BC for the TLR @ .536, assuming this is right.

I had a box of these show up Friday. Went out and shot them out of a 300 Wby and 30-06 AI today. Wind and mirage was pretty bad but they shot well out of both rifles. The 06 AI load was pretty mild and it is 12 twist barrel, shot a one inch horizontal group with all three bullets touching the same grid line. Should only get better when I push them harder. For the price I'm keeping them, AI load was .065 off the lands.

I found the G1 BC for the TLR @ .536, assuming this is right.

That's the BC listed and I haven't seen any complaints otherwise. Good report thank you. I'm waiting on a Tikka T3x .30 06 to show to hit the range.

I did some rough measurements on the 175 TLR bullets. Measuring the bearing surface @ .307 I got .555 lenght. Groove measures .045 for a length of .510, again this is a rough measurement. I haven't been able to find any on-line data for these, may have to try calling Federal and see if they have anything on them. Bullets are consistent @.3075 OD, going to load up a few in the 30-06 AI with H4350 and Staball 6.5 and see what kind of speed and accuracy I can get with them.

***PSA***

I ordered these and when they showed up they were not the Terminal Ascents, they were the short lived Edge TLRs. I went on Midway and other folks that received their order also noted they were the Edge TLRs. It appears Midway used the Terminal Ascent stock pic and specifications for this item but is shipping out the Edge TLR. I'm returning my order.
Cant TRUST zmidway like in thr 80s, 90s 2000,2010. Now Larry's realitives or henchmen are squezzing every dine out of the company. I really liked Larry years go he really seamed to care, zi think that he still does, but the idiots he picked to carryone the tradition really suck!!! they get some hard needed bullets.ammo in and right away 60-70-80% MARK UPS. THEN Awhen someone on ths site goes to sell something they charg Midway Prices. not knowing Larry and the team are in line with GB SCALPERS.

Cant TRUST zmidway like in thr 80s, 90s 2000,2010. Now Larry's realitives or henchmen are squezzing every dine out of the company. I really liked Larry years go he really seamed to care, zi think that he still does, but the idiots he picked to carryone the tradition really suck!!! they get some hard needed bullets.ammo in and right away 60-70-80% MARK UPS. THEN Awhen someone on ths site goes to sell something they charg Midway Prices. not knowing Larry and the team are in line with GB SCALPERS.
We have ben on LHR for years and never made any comments. We finally joined last year to try to obtain some knwledge and possibably share some knowledge on shooting and hunting around the world, We have don a few trades and buy/sell with members and it has bee FANTASTIC. not only did we make trades but got to speak to and got to know the other persons (s). Thank God everyonre that er have talked to were GRREATT. Jill and I just want to express out thanks to everyone that has had a transaction with us. It was definitely a learning experiance, So to all that Jill and I have traded with so far --you all get a 15 out of a 10. Thanks everyone for being up front on prices and just remember :
WHAT YOU GIVE YOU WILL RECEIVE.

I received an apology email today from Midway in regards to them miss identifying these bullets as Terminal Ascent rather than TLR. They offered a return link including shipping if I wanted to return them for a full refund. In my opinion that is good customer service, they shoot good so I'm keeping them.

I received an apology email today from Midway in regards to them miss identifying these bullets as Terminal Ascent rather than TLR. They offered a return link including shipping if I wanted to return them for a full refund. In my opinion that is good customer service, they shoot good so I'm keeping them.

I got that letter as well. Top service IMO. I'm keeping mine, good bullet.

I got that letter as well. Top service IMO. I'm keeping mine, good bullet.
Agreed! But others seem too quick to judge and bash Midway. I personally have gotten excellent customer service from them.

Most of the bashing they've been getting is for raising prices without knowing if they themselves are paying more to get the product.

Their service has always been top notch, even in some cases when the customer is at fault.

Most of the bashing they've been getting is for raising prices without knowing if they themselves are paying more to get the product.

Their service has always been top notch, even in some cases when the customer is at fault.

Many that bash Midway don't understand profit and Capitalism which is the best economic system in the world.